Why Nile are playing Ozzfest...

Wenchmaster

Wrath of Amemait
Jan 1, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
Lol.

Karl Sanders said:
Been getting a lot of messages about Ozzfest, and the general concensus is, we are either giving a good reason for metalheads to go to the show, or we're going someplace we don't belong becuase we're "too heavy for Ozzfest".

Well, here's how I see it.

There is a brief scene in Pvt Ryan,
during the opening sequence on the Normandy beach ,
where just for a few seconds the camera moves to a viewpoint
of a German Machine Gunner - looking over his machine gun sights down onto the beach-who is laying waste to countless U.S.
soldiers as the doors open up to their boats and they are all just helpless
and vulnerable , in the water and struggling onto the beach ,exposed to devastating machine gunfire -
and from this vantage point, one can not help but get the feeling , if only for a moment , of what it must feel like to be that machine gunner ,
with so many helpless targets right in your sights to mow down at will.
Of course , for that Machine Gunner , you also feel that , however awesome it must be for those priceless few moments of Godly Slaughter ,
t will inevitably be short lived , because he is soon to be roasted alive in his Bunker as soon as Tom Hanks and friends make it up the hill.
But for those few moments of unimpeded opportunity to mow down wave after wave of helpless targets ,
it had to be utterly Godly.

Thats why we are doing Ozzfest.
We will be the first Real Death Metal Band to ever play Ozzfest ,
and the chance to lay waste to thousands and Thousands of Mall Metal Posers is just too once-in-a-lifetime to pass up.
In the words of Ross Dolan,
"Metal will take place"

I could care less about how much incredible exposure it will be
to play Ozzfest ;
I am just thrilled at the possibility of Metal Carnage on a Mass Scale.
Those Venues will look like Omaha Beach when we are done.

-Karl

Ha! Good explanation and answer. :lol:

This is great:

Thats why we are doing Ozzfest.
We will be the first Real Death Metal Band to ever play Ozzfest ,
and the chance to lay waste to thousands and Thousands of Mall Metal Posers is just too once-in-a-lifetime to pass up.
In the words of Ross Dolan,
"Metal will take place"

Nile is fucking awesome and hopefully all the little fucks who think Slipknot is the heaviest band out there will realize what's going on and go buy Nile's stuff.

Does anyone know if this is comming to Toronto and how to get tickets?

Does anyone know if this is comming to Toronto
Nope. Ozzfest hasn't come to Canada in a very long time... I think some bands ran into Visa problems when they tried it so they decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

Here's the tour dates though

I think I'll pass this year... even if it's free, the only band I really enjoy there is Nile (and I guess Ozzy) but they're not worth hanging out to see a 25 minute set when I've seen Nile headline and open shows already.

Nile is fucking awesome and hopefully all the little fucks who think Slipknot is the heaviest band out there will realize what's going on and go buy Nile's stuff.

Does anyone know if this is comming to Toronto and how to get tickets?

Even if Ozfest was hitting Canada Nile can't get across the border and into Canada due to one of the members having a criminal charge. Really sucks as I know quite a few people that would love to see them play here.

Yes, forget Ozzfest...I haven't bought anything Ozzy-related since that little Iron Maiden incident last year (no need to discuss it further!). Plus even if its free the line-up will be terrible and all the food/merch/etc. will be ridiculously overpriced.

Really though, fests in general aren't that great.

I think they are playing the ozzfest because they are now getting more attention and therefore more commercial festivals are booking them due to their popularity and i think they deserve attention and have great potential to make it more mainstream, though yeah, the ozzfest does pretty much suck.

I think they are playing the ozzfest because they are now getting more attention and therefore more commercial festivals are booking them due to their popularity and i think they deserve attention and have great potential to make it more mainstream, though yeah, the ozzfest does pretty much suck.

So, essentially, what you're saying is that Karl Sanders is bullshitting the world?

i dont think it matters as much why, but it is nice that they are doing it, because i am soooo tired of omg wtf are you talking about slipknot is the most hardcore band out there, so i name like 50 bands that would make them shit themselves and they are like no way and dont even bother looking them up, its nice to see metal becoming a lil more popular, but if people dont expand, nile could become as overrated as slipknot :/

I am not too big on Nile or Behemoth but they are definately very talented bands and i respect them. I wish the WOY could come to India, lol, well, atleast i watched Enslaved some time ago but it would really own if you guys came here.

Fuck me, Nile and Behemoth on a pansy festival?? This will be true annihilation!
Can't wait to hear the new Behemoth too...

New Behemoth is intense. Apostacy is the name of their new Album. Just picked it up yesterday. Definatelty worth having.

I'm going just to see Nile and Behemoth, and give Lamb of God a shot. At least it's free, and the bands are a huge upgrade from previous years (Wicked Wisdom, Crazy Town, etc.)