Why so quiet about the '12 roster?

Good morning! Well, this is how it turned out on facebook.. we asked a question, "Cast your vote for next year's roster" and it displays the top 100 bands and the votes. (You don't need a facebook account to view the poll).

polltop10.jpg

Btw, Glenn's planning to post the official "guess the roster" thread soon.. winner gets a VIP pass for next year's festival!

~Jen

Even though I've already seen him before, it's pretty awesome that Devin is in the top 10. While I'm not big on repeat bands, I would love to see him at a Progpower type show as I didn't see him when he previously was at the fest.

I'm not on Facebook, and when I click the link in your post, I get an error message stating:

Not Logged In
Please log in to continue.

Then, when I click on the link entitled

Cast your vote for next year's roster. (We *do* listen)

I get a message stating:

And it stays that way literally forever.

Can someone post the poll results, so those of us not on Facebook can see it?

Also, wasn't there going to be a poll here on the forum, for those of us not on Facebook?

If not...can someone post a vote on my behalf for SAXON on that Facebook poll (assuming they're actually in the list of 100 bands)?

Thanks!

:kickass::headbang::Spam:

Here you go!

Savatage - 412
Symphony X - 360
Pagan's Mind - 275
Helloween - 246
Devin Townsend - 235
Halcyon Way - 225
Within Temptation - 196
Seven Kingdoms - 185
Rhapsody of Fire - 184
Redemption - 182

Nightwish - 181
Jag Panzer - 172
Pain of Salvation - 164
Circus Maximus - 159
Stratovarius - 150
Helstar - 148
Gamma Ray - 143
Saxon - 132
Freak Kitchen - 130
Cynic - 125

Falconer - 125
Riverside - 124
James LaBrie - 123
Overkill - 120
Sonata Arctica - 120
Masterplan - 118
Annihilator - 112
Katatonia - 111
Sabaton - 110
Seventh Wonder - 110

Amorphis - 108
Pretty Maids - 98
Turisas - 94
Ihsahn - 90
Serenity - 90
Lost Horizon - 89
Anathema - 87
Diablo Swing Orchestra - 82
Adagio - 81
Dark Moor - 78

Theocracy - 75
Myrath - 74
Angel Dust - 70
Shadow Gallery - 67
Riot - 65
Astral Doors - 61
Van Canto - 61
Dragonland - 60
ReVamp - 59
Psychotic Waltz - 56

Wolf - 56
Vintersorg - 55
Hibria - 54
Anacrusis - 51
Slough Feg - 51
Power Quest - 50
Mystic Prophecy - 47
Skyclad - 47
Primordial - 46
Cloudscape - 45

Artizan - 43
Freedom Call - 43
Stream of Passion - 41
Amaranthe - 40
Eternal Tears of Sorrow - 40
Battlelore - 39
Powermad - 39
Solution .45 - 39
Mindflow - 36
Morgana Lefay - 35

Sinbreed - 35
To-Mera - 34
Hammers of Misfortune - 29
Kingcrow - 29
Visions of Atlantis - 29
Kamelot - 28
Triosphere - 28
Unisonic - 28
Barren Earth - 27
Beautiful Sin - 26

Cynthesis - 26
Eluveitie - 26
Shaaman - 26
Tristania - 25
Clandestine - 24
St. Deamon - 24
Wolverine - 24
Xandria - 24
Pink Cream 69 - 23
Apocalyptica - 22

Odin's Court - 22
Sons of Seasons - 21
Kiuas - 20
Tarja - 19
Powerwolf - 17
Orden Ogan - 16
The Shadow Theory - 13
Manticora - 10
Pathosray - 10
MaYaN - 8

Here you go!

Savatage - 412
Symphony X - 360
Pagan's Mind - 275
Helloween - 246
Devin Townsend - 235
Halcyon Way - 225
Within Temptation - 196
Seven Kingdoms - 185
Rhapsody of Fire - 184
Redemption - 182

Nightwish - 181
Jag Panzer - 172
Pain of Salvation - 164
Circus Maximus - 159
Stratovarius - 150
Helstar - 148
Gamma Ray - 143
Saxon - 132
Freak Kitchen - 130
Cynic - 125

Falconer - 125
Riverside - 124
James LaBrie - 123
Overkill - 120
Sonata Arctica - 120
Masterplan - 118
Annihilator - 112
Katatonia - 111
Sabaton - 110
Seventh Wonder - 110

Amorphis - 108
Pretty Maids - 98
Turisas - 94
Ihsahn - 90
Serenity - 90
Lost Horizon - 89
Anathema - 87
Diablo Swing Orchestra - 82
Adagio - 81
Dark Moor - 78

Theocracy - 75
Myrath - 74
Angel Dust - 70
Shadow Gallery - 67
Riot - 65
Astral Doors - 61
Van Canto - 61
Dragonland - 60
ReVamp - 59
Psychotic Waltz - 56

Wolf - 56
Vintersorg - 55
Hibria - 54
Anacrusis - 51
Slough Feg - 51
Power Quest - 50
Mystic Prophecy - 47
Skyclad - 47
Primordial - 46
Cloudscape - 45

Artizan - 43
Freedom Call - 43
Stream of Passion - 41
Amaranthe - 40
Eternal Tears of Sorrow - 40
Battlelore - 39
Powermad - 39
Solution .45 - 39
Mindflow - 36
Morgana Lefay - 35

Sinbreed - 35
To-Mera - 34
Hammers of Misfortune - 29
Kingcrow - 29
Visions of Atlantis - 29
Kamelot - 28
Triosphere - 28
Unisonic - 28
Barren Earth - 27
Beautiful Sin - 26

Cynthesis - 26
Eluveitie - 26
Shaaman - 26
Tristania - 25
Clandestine - 24
St. Deamon - 24
Wolverine - 24
Xandria - 24
Pink Cream 69 - 23
Apocalyptica - 22

Odin's Court - 22
Sons of Seasons - 21
Kiuas - 20
Tarja - 19
Powerwolf - 17
Orden Ogan - 16
The Shadow Theory - 13
Manticora - 10
Pathosray - 10
MaYaN - 8

Can't we just get them all? It could be the world's first month-long festival! :)

Okay, so using a formula that I pulled out of my keister based on the voting, this is next year's lineup:

Symphony X
Pretty Maids
Pagan's Mind
Devin Townsend
Jag Panzer
Circus Maximus
Masterplan
Katatonia
Serenity
Dark Moor
Myrath
Skyclad

It's Devin Townsend. Both nights. Ziltoid on Friday night. Sticking things in c***s the second night. /end thread

Good moaning!

I am surprised that I am not reading more about what we wanna see announced at the fest...

So, just to throw something out there:

SyX - because they've got a new album out
Sun Caged - Becasue they've got a new album out and have never played
Seventh Wonder - Because they blew the roof off of the place last year
Redemption - Becasue Nik is cool (plus they're a US band)
Pain of Salvation - Because they rock and have quit their embargo on the US (*sigh*)

...any takers?

I would love to have POS headline on Saturday night! With Seventh Wonder as the lead in to them! It would allow me to leave early and get extra rest... </hate>:saint:

This would be the perfect line up for me:

Within Temptation
Pretty Maids
Pagan's Mind
Seventh Wonder
Redemption
Circus Maximus
Freak Kitchen
Sinbreed
Serenity
Dark Moor
Myrath
Paradox(back together)

Glenn must be in a good mood if you're still able to post :loco:

Glenn knows I am a long time fan of PP (since II) and regularly promote the festival. Yes, I have been disappointed by the line up of the last few PPs and yes, I can be a sarcastic SOB. I guess I am getting to be an old stuck-in-the mud curmudgeon. But its only because I have a long history with the festival and only want the best for it. Glenn and I just differ on what that means sometimes. But in the end, it's his festival, time and money. If given the opportunity, I might step up to contribute more financially.

But enough about this off-the-topic post.

This board is sometimes a breath of fresh air amid other metal boards where insulting everyone's taste in music and being an elitist to the max is the norm.

Back on topic: count me as part of the New Guard that thinks that expanding what the word ProgPower means to include more diverse artists is a GOOD thing. I don't want this rest to become something it's not, but for bands like Arcturus or Amorphis to be considered is welcome change. Let's face it: safe for Rhapsody of Fire or a show from a band whose prime was in the Golden Age, there aren't too many legitimate trad power and trad Prog bands left to headline this fest or even have an upper tier spot (that hasn't already played PP before or that doesn't already tour the States). Therefore to welcome in more diverse bands (which can sometimes mean more "extreme" bands, but not always) is a good way for this fest to evolve and stay on top.

The addition of some of the more extreme bands means I have a wee bit more time to get something to eat. ;)

I agree with Palabra - I think expanding the ProgPower roster is a good thing. It brings more diversity to the fest and brings in fresh meat who might not otherwise have bothered going. None of the more "extreme" bands that Glenn has booked fall outside of the "prog" lable, either. Just because they may be progressive black metal, or progressive death, they still fall under the umbrella of "progressive metal." Now, if Glenn were to start booking bands like say, Cannibal Corpse, I might start to question the direction the fest is going. But he's not. And I doubt he ever will. So despite the addition of bands like Ihsahn, ProgPower is still very much ProgPower. No worries about it turning into MDF. :p

Awesome posts!
Just what I needed :hotjump:

And I totally had not seen that FB thingy... :loco:

Looking very much foward to September....

This board is sometimes a breath of fresh air amid other metal boards where insulting everyone's taste in music and being an elitist to the max is the norm.

Back on topic: count me as part of the New Guard that thinks that expanding what the word ProgPower means to include more diverse artists is a GOOD thing. I don't want this rest to become something it's not, but for bands like Arcturus or Amorphis to be considered is welcome change. Let's face it: safe for Rhapsody of Fire or a show from a band whose prime was in the Golden Age, there aren't too many legitimate trad power and trad Prog bands left to headline this fest or even have an upper tier spot (that hasn't already played PP before or that doesn't already tour the States). Therefore to welcome in more diverse bands (which can sometimes mean more "extreme" bands, but not always) is a good way for this fest to evolve and stay on top.

Amen.

Grave Digger, Vanishing Point, WatchTower, Freedom Call, Ephel Duath, Keldian, maudlin of the Well as a one-off reunion (this is reaching pretty far, but this is just a wishlist post after all), Winterborn, oh, and I would be so very willing to play on any related stage on any related date too. :yow: