Why the hell isn' there an Emperor board. Just discuss it here then.

Unlit Flames

Carpathian Crypt
Dec 26, 2001
Why doesn't Emperor have a board here. Just because they have broken up doesnt mean they shouldn't get us there. If not just discuss your Emperial needs here.

I know I am in the minority, but I think Emporer improved with each release. Until Prometheus came out, Equillibrium was my favorite, now Prometheus is. They will difinitely be missed. I just wish I could have seen them live, but at least I can crank my Emperial Live Ceremony DVD on my tv! I hope Zyklon will continue in the tradition, but to me, Myrkskog is the new Emperor!

Originally posted by dolphz
I know I am in the minority, but I think Emporer improved with each release. Until Prometheus came out, Equillibrium was my favorite, now Prometheus is. They will difinitely be missed. I just wish I could have seen them live, but at least I can crank my Emperial Live Ceremony DVD on my tv! I hope Zyklon will continue in the tradition, but to me, Myrkskog is the new Emperor!

I dont think your the minority, YOURE SMART! To me Prometheus is the culmination of everything Emperor has done over the years. Talk about going out on a high note! If you havent already done it, read the lyrics as a whole story. Good shit. Ill have to listen to this Myrkskog.:cool:

You guys couldn't be more right about the Emperor board thing!:headbang: And Myrskog really kicks ass! After all, Emperor WAS one of the most important bands of the extreme metal scene in the 90's, or even in the whole 20th century for that matter (depending on from where on the existence of an extreme metal secene can be count):D Well, at least Zyklon still has members of the Emperor 'team' in its lineup...

well I guess I don't have to say that Emperor is my favorite band ;) an Emperor forum would be really great here. I bought the Emperial Live Ceremony CD last saturday, and now I'm going to buy the DVD as well. I've never seen them live unfortunately :cry:

Emperor is dead, long live Emperor!

I fully support the inclusion of an Emperor forum, and have even raised it briefly in a message to Mark.

One idea I had was to have an all encapsulating black metal forum. That way everyone could argue the point over black metal and everything that goes with it (including Emperor).

You're not the minority. Prometheus was amazing. Though I beleive that Equilibrium was their weakest. It was still great, with amazing songs, but it was too short and incoherant, and had a few not too good songs. The Emperial Live Ceremony DVD is amazing, I love it, and watch it muchly. And I remember the faces of the crowd, like that guy, with the fat face, with the excitable guy next to him.. He looks real nervous... And the funny bouncers..

I've heard 1 song of Myrkskog, and I want to hear more.

And I wish emperor would continue. But at least they finished on a VERY HIGH note. Prometheus is my favorite album EVER, overtaking ...And Justice for All, and Yes's Relayer...

I got Prometheus yesterday and ordered ITNE and ATTWAD. I am very impressed by Prometheus so far and think it is much better than Arcturus - La masquerade infernale that I alos got yesterday.

Emperor peaked with Nightside Eclipse. Their subsequent releases never got near its greatness. Prometheus is somewhat impressive but IMO it's just too all over the place. It seems to be going in all directions at once yet not in any direction.

Myrkskog new Emperor? Myrkskog is just a plain one dimensional and aren't even comparable to Emperor.

Emperor is a nice band and I like most of their stuff. Zyklon and Myrkskog are good bands as well, but lack much of what I adore in Emperor. They just need one crazy Ihsahn. ;)

Originally posted by At The Gates
I got Prometheus yesterday and ordered ITNE and ATTWAD. I am very impressed by Prometheus so far and think it is much better than Arcturus - La masquerade infernale that I alos got yesterday.

Let LMI grow on you :) Its damn damn good! I'm not quite sure which is better out of the two tho ;)

I thought Prometheus was their best album. I like the indutrial/gothic style they have developed. People say that it's their worst album but come on look at anthems. Well I personally thought that was their worst. Thankfully i am among one of the few who saw the Emperial Live Ceremony. But I thibk we should start our own board for Emperor in some other board though since i think some bands would be happy about this. Just tell me where we shoud put it and I'll do it or we could use one that barely ever gets views and use that as our own..

Has anyone else here listened to their demo cuz i thought it was great.

IMHO Emperor went downhill after Anthems (which is a fucking masterpiece!!). Curse Ye All Men is a great song, but other than that IX didn't really do it for me (it was good, just didn't floor me like Anthems). Prometheus is a similar case- I love the first song, but the rest of it doesn't excite me. I dunno, I just don't like the riffs :err:

Originally posted by Unlit Flames
I thought Prometheus was their best album. I like the indutrial/gothic style they have developed. People say that it's their worst album but come on look at anthems. Well I personally thought that was their worst. Thankfully i am among one of the few who saw the Emperial Live Ceremony. But I thibk we should start our own board for Emperor in some other board though since i think some bands would be happy about this. Just tell me where we shoud put it and I'll do it or we could use one that barely ever gets views and use that as our own..

Has anyone else here listened to their demo cuz i thought it was great.

I LOVE wrath of the tyrant. It's a great album. The production is shocking, but the music underneath it all is amazing. Highly Recommended. I wish they'd like remaster it, or rerecord it even. OR JUST RECORD ANOTHER ALBUM!! Another just like Prometheus. Call it prometheus 2 for all I care, It'd still be great.

A couple of years ago I asked my local metal store clerk, "What's with this Emperor band? Let me hear some of their best stuff."
He started playing In The Nightside Eclipse.

My reaction:confused: "This is NOISE with NO musical talent at all!"

Last year I read an interview with Ishahan about the forthcoming Prometheus and he stated that he had been warming up on guitar with some John Petrucci video, and the interviewer said how amazing some of the songs on Equilibrium were and how the production and musicianship were outstanding. I thought, maybe I'll give them another chance. So, I went back to the metal store and asked for Emperor's most progressive disc, I bought Equilibrium.

My reaction:OMG: "This may be one of the best cds I've ever heard! Definitely the most intense!"

So, I eventually bought Anthems, which is very good but didn't hit home with me like Equillibrium did.

Of course I bought Prometheus, which as I stated earlier is my favorite Emperor cd, probably my favorite metal cd next to Opeth-MAYH.

I have yet to buy ITNE and give it another chance. I will some day. Maybe I'll find it used soon.

As an objective opinion, can you really discern Emperor's talent and potential on ITNE from a musicians perspective? I just hate bad production, it's such a hinderance for me. A cd might be an absolute masterpiece, but if the sound is bad I just can't tolerate it.

I have yet to buy ITNE and give it another chance. I will some day. Maybe I'll find it used soon.

As an objective opinion, can you really discern Emperor's talent and potential on ITNE from a musicians perspective? I just hate bad production, it's such a hinderance for me. A cd might be an absolute masterpiece, but if the sound is bad I just can't tolerate it.

Trust me, 'In the Nightside Eclipse' is an amazing album. It takes few listens to fully get into, but once it's taken you you'll never look back.

I love all the Emperor albums and I'd rate 'Nightside' equal first. It's really that good. It's simply a matter of time before you get it. And then you realise that the production suits it perfectly.

I love good productions too, but this is an exception.

Ahhhh Emperor! Such greatness! Let me first say that in my humble opinion Anthems to the welkin at dusk is thier best album. And when I met Zyklon I wanted to cry because Trym and Zamoth are SSOOOOOOOO AWSOME!!!!!! I was just standing there saying (Oh my fucking god that is Trym standing right there). Destructor is fucking awsome as well. With strength I burn Is probably one of the most beautiful songs of all time.