black metal

bleed for me

Sep 9, 2001
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
i notice how many die hard black metal fans usually go around dissing bands like cradle of filth and dimmu borgir because they say that they try to hard to look evil because they wear all black leather and make up and call them false watered down wannabe black metal....they then go on and praise "true" black metal bands like emperor and mayhem:confused:

is it just me or does this reek of hypocrisy? i mean, emperor and mayhem wear make up and black clothes and look evil and i bet so do other "true" black metal bands. i know that there is a difference in the music, but just forget about the music for a minute

well i'm not a big black metal nut (i do listen to it every now and then) which is why i'm making this thread...am i missing something? or is this ppl just dissing the more mainstream bands because of the "i'm cool because i listen to 'underground' music'" mentality?

btw...i'm not trying to dis anyone...this is an observation...i'm not one of those "black metal is for fags" kinda ppl so please don't give me shit about this

nikhil

I hate 'blackmetal'. I can't stand Emperor, or darkthrone, or mayhem... or any other 'gaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!!!' bands, but surprisingly enough, i appreciate Dimmu Borgir, and COF's 'MIDIAN'.

I guess Dimmu and COF aren't 'black metal', but either way it doesn't matter what genre they are.

No offence, but alot of 'blackmetal-heads' are posers, i met one the other day actually.

She listens to 'True' black, like mayhem, and after i mentioned Opeth, she groaned and said "you don't like that dimmu borgir band do you?", as if they werent 'cool'.

Fuck i hate that.
FUCK i hate blackmetal and blackmetal-posers (no offence or nothing to any of you tho...).

When i mentioned my love for Nevermore, Cynic, Athiest, and Death, she just said 'Who'??

She laughed at the name 'Death'.

I thought the whole point of being a 'black-metal-head' was to be all 'obscure and dark' and all that bullshit, and SHE didn't even know who Chuck Schuldiner was.

FUCK.

I am angry now.

C'mon blackmetal-posers, come and flame me, i'm waiting! Unleash all your 'evil' powers of satanic darkness upon my soul and wreak havoc on my mind...!!!!!!

:lol:

Reactions: thrashmasta
Take a look at 'Opeth fans' vs 'Slipknot fans'.

Most of them would not admit the other band is any good (It happens a lot here, many a post includes various unpleasantries about Slipknot) and this is basically what is happening in your scenario's.

It's not 'their band', therefore, they are not as good. They're just imitation. They're pathetic. They're not they're band.

I have probably alienated some (Or most) people on this board, but so be it.

If you honestly think Slipknot and their ilk are shit, then do not say how fucked up their fans must be, but respect them for being shit and still having a lot of fans.

That makes me BLOODY angry.

I mean, i appreciate METAL in general, from OPETH to NEVERMORE to FORBIDDEN to CYNIC to MORBID ANGEL...

I don't buy into the 'Oh, i only like this genre' ideal, it's just as fake as the black-metal posers are.

Slipknot is not to my taste, but i don't go bagging them. I actually like 'Mate feed kill repeat'. Same with Segression, i really love LIA and 5th/5th, but just because i think 'SMILE' is terrible, i don't say "oooh... they're SO not cool!"

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKK!!!

Originally posted by bleed for me
i notice how many die hard black metal fans usually go around dissing bands like cradle of filth and dimmu borgir because they say that they try to hard to look evil because they wear all black leather and make up and call them false watered down wannabe black metal....they then go on and praise "true" black metal bands like emperor and mayhem:confused:

is it just me or does this reek of hypocrisy? i mean, emperor and mayhem wear make up and black clothes and look evil and i bet so do other "true" black metal bands. i know that there is a difference in the music, but just forget about the music for a minute

well i'm not a big black metal nut (i do listen to it every now and then) which is why i'm making this thread...am i missing something? or is this ppl just dissing the more mainstream bands because of the "i'm cool because i listen to 'underground' music'" mentality?

btw...i'm not trying to dis anyone...this is an observation...i'm not one of those "black metal is for fags" kinda ppl so please don't give me shit about this

nikhil

I think they do not like Dimmu Borgir and Cradle because they are more mainstream, and easier to listen to like you had already stated.

'True' black metal started almost a decade ago with bands in Norway based on their beliefs and their religion. Bands like Cradle and Dimmu do not follow the same religion and/or beliefs, therefore, I think the fans might be pissed off that they are trying to steal their music when they know nothing of it.

But I do not know, and I cannot speak for all of the black metal fans out there... it was just a thought..

Originally posted by Trapped
I hate 'blackmetal'. I can't stand Emperor, or darkthrone, or mayhem... or any other 'gaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!!!' bands, but surprisingly enough, i appreciate Dimmu Borgir, and COF's 'MIDIAN'.

I guess Dimmu and COF aren't 'black metal', but either way it doesn't matter what genre they are.

No offence, but alot of 'blackmetal-heads' are posers, i met one the other day actually.

She listens to 'True' black, like mayhem, and after i mentioned Opeth, she groaned and said "you don't like that dimmu borgir band d
you?", as if they werent 'cool'.

Fuck i hate that.
FUCK i hate blackmetal and blackmetal-posers (no offence or nothing to any of you tho...).

When i mentioned my love for Nevermore, Cynic, Athiest, and Death, she just said 'Who'??

She laughed at the name 'Death'.

I thought the whole point of being a 'black-metal-head' was to be all 'obscure and dark' and all that bullshit, and SHE didn't even know who Chuck Schuldiner was.

FUCK.

I am angry now.

C'mon blackmetal-posers, come and flame me, i'm waiting! Unleash all your 'evil' powers of satanic darkness upon my soul and wreak havoc on my mind...!!!!!!

:lol:

yea, alot of black metal goth ppl are girls with attention deficit disorder...they want to stand out no matter \if ppl are talking shit behind their backs...it's just so pathetic

well, i think you should have slapped her with that whole chuck thing

Originally posted by Saphira

I think they do not like Dimmu Borgir and Cradle because they are more mainstream, and easier to listen to like you had already stated.

'True' black metal started almost a decade ago with bands in Norway based on their beliefs and their religion. Bands like Cradle and Dimmu do not follow the same religion and/or beliefs, therefore, I think the fans might be pissed off that they are trying to steal their music when they know nothing of it.

But I do not know, and I cannot speak for all of the black metal fans out there... it was just a thought..

well that's a really good point...and that is probably the case for some of the fans...but i don't think that's the case for the majority of ppl i'm talking about...like you said before "i cannot speak for all of the black metal fnas"

btw..are you one of those type of ppl you're talking about? just wondering...

Just because we've held someone like Chuck in our minds for his talents, doesn't mean other people will.

I've been talking to this "Gothic" (I strongly dislike labels) girl in America, and she truthfully told me that she's never even heard of the name Tool.

Do not overreact at her not knowing Death, Chuck, and the mentioned names.

Originally posted by Sullen Jester

I've been talking to this "Gothic" (I strongly dislike labels) girl in America, and she truthfully told me that she's never even heard of the name Tool.

i too hate labels...it's just annoying that i have to use them sometimes because thats the best way of explaining something...

btw..are you one of those type of ppl you're talking about? just wondering...

... People who don't like Cradle and/or Dimmu Borgir because they are not 'true'?

No, I like Cradle and Dimmu... and I also love Immortal, Gehenna, Satyricon, Dark Throne and bands like that.

If thats what you were asking?

i too hate labels...it's just annoying that i have to use them sometimes because thats the best way of explaining something...

You cannot label someone, and be correct.
It's idiocy to assume so.

The only thing you can label about someone, are single qualities, and that is inadequate. You can only define someone by their names.

Do not overreact at her not knowing Death, Chuck, and the mentioned names.

She was a 'goth', with all the 'cool' black gear and stuff, the bands that she mentioned were: Cradle of filth, Nine Inch Nails, Placebo, Metallica's 'Black'...

Dude, you have no idea. When i asked her why she didn't like some of the bands i mentioned (such as Nevermore and Opeth), she shrugged and said 'I bet that there isnt a guy screaming in those bands...'

...and you're telling me not to overreact?

Edit: Just for reference, the reason i met her, is because (for the last five years since i moved to brisbane...) a few of my freinds have said that "You are going to get on REALLY well with her, Kegan, shes a dark person too". They totally judged me, one mention of 'metal' or the sight of some black clothes, and i am a 'dark person'.

I had absolutely NOTHING in common with this girl, yet everyone has said to me how 'similar' we are, and how well we would get on when we met.

She was a 'goth', with all the 'cool' black gear and stuff, the bands that she mentioned were: Cradle of filth, Nine Inch Nails, Placebo, Metallica's 'Black'...

Dude, you have no idea. When i asked her why she didn't like some of the bands i mentioned (such as Nevermore and Opeth), she shrugged and said 'I bet that there isnt a guy screaming in those bands...'

...and you're telling me not to overreact?

HERE, HERE!!

Overract all you like if that was the case!!! ;)
... And I'll join in.. lol

Why should you overreact at someone not knowing what is general knowledge to you?

I do not listen to the majority of what this board listens to, nor do they listen to what I do, but I do not see a need for anyone to overreact when a name is mentioned, and someone doesn't know who he or she is, no matter how "big" this person is.

Edit: Just for reference, the reason i met her, is because (for the last five years since i moved to brisbane...) a few of my freinds have said that "You are going to get on REALLY well with her, Kegan, shes a dark person too". They totally judged me, one mention of 'metal' or the sight of some black clothes, and i am a 'dark person'.

This is just a lack of understanding in the matter, just as in assuming she's going to know who Chuck Schuldiner is. Not everyone does.

Okay, you have missed the point.

She is a bonafide GOTH. you know, the whole 'white makeup' face kindof girl, with the tight shirt and doc-martens... a 'tortured-soul'.

The reason i was(AM!) so pissed off, is because i was mistaken for a 'GOTH' simply because i love metal. It is stupid that people's NAIIVEITY makes them think that Metal=Goth=Satan=Evil=Darkness

Stop defending the teeny-bopper gothics... :rolleyes:

Okay, you have missed the point.

She is a bonafide GOTH. you know, the whole 'white makeup' face kindof girl, with the tight shirt and doc-martens... a 'tortured-soul'.

The reason i was(AM!) so pissed off, is because i was mistaken for a 'GOTH' simply because i love metal. It is stupid that people's NAIIVEITY makes them think that Metal=Goth=Satan=Evil=Darkness

Stop defending the teeny-bopper gothics... :rolleyes:

I thought you were pissed off because she was a metal-poser?

She listens to 'True' black, like mayhem, and after i mentioned Opeth, she groaned and said "you don't like that dimmu borgir band do you?", as if they werent 'cool'.

Fuck i hate that.

Originally posted by Sullen Jester
If you honestly think Slipknot and their ilk are shit, then do not say how fucked up their fans must be, but respect them for being shit and still having a lot of fans.

So what's yer point here? Britney Spears is shit and she has a lot of fans too.

I thought you were pissed off because she was a metal-poser?

Exactly...!

She is a poser, and because i listen to metal, i am being associated with a poser.

It's kindof like me being associated with you. :D

So what's yer point here? Britney Spears is shit and she has a lot of fans too.

Damn straight.

Sullen Jester:

Drowning Pool - Bodies? do u really like that song? coz i LOVE that song!....me and my band actually played a cover of it...i did all the growling vocals...it was pretty awesome....i hate that other song of theirs called "sinner" though