why triggers?

Are you sure? I think it is a mix.

The drums on RTC sound more fake to me. And well, the bassdrum is programmed on that one and the snare/cymbals are editet.

Kinda interested in why the original poster thought the whole set was triggered. Doesn't sound that way to me at all.

And I know Axenrot is a great drummer and usually only put triggers on the bassdrums.

I believe triggers are prerecorded or 'sampled' sounds. It's like playing an electronic drum kit. When you hit the rubber pad, it gives you a sound like that of an acoustic kit.

But I'm not a drummer or a tech so I dunno.

Sure they could program the drumkit, but then again they could just use a drum machine and Axe wouldn't be needed. They could also program the bass, and then Renske's out. Program the guitars and then all you really need are the vocals.
Acoustic drumkits are the choice of metal bands because when they amplify the kits, they usually set the mics at a distance from the drums, so you get ambience in the amplification and it stands out more. You can't do that with triggers.
There are hundreds more sounds that you can pull off with an acoustic kit than an electric one.

Never heard 'fuck... I'm dead'

Well, why they used triggers is unknown to me, but I'd think so that the kicks were sharper and more defined, to make em sound more brutal, but that's my opinion.

As soon as my comp gets fixed up, I'll check em out.

triggers should always be on the bass drum imo, for that DM sound
wouldn't put them on toms or snare though
pisses me off though when people use them to cheat on their doublebass fluentcy though

I don't mind triggered drums, mainly because they don't truly effect the drummers abilities.
Also for the band Fuck...I'm Dead, they use a drum machine for thier songs, so in a sense....yes they are triggered.

George said:
I don't mind triggered drums, mainly because they don't truly effect the drummers abilities.
Also for the band Fuck...I'm Dead, they use a drum machine for thier songs, so in a sense....yes they are triggered.

yep.. there are only 3 guys on that band.. the one who plays guitar also makes the drums programming.. and then that's it.. hit 'play' on stage. :tickled:

( pretty fukked up drums, really fast and insane. :headbang: )

Ergol The Ineffable said:
Yeah, but a friend of mine said theyhad a real drummer. :bah:

He even named him :(
Well they might have one now, just i remembered (and heard) it was a drum machine.

Triggering is a good way to play very fast without sounding too soft (after a certain speed it becomes difficult to maintain both speed and power) hence why they're very common on kickdrums. Although you can get drum machines that are touch sensetive and can sound a lot like a real drum kit.

I've never been bothered by triggers, just by the drumming