Why?

I don't hate them. I like them :) I think it has something to do with the non-technicality of it and the popularity of it. Also the song structure, not much diversity. But i still like it. Mudvayne is awesome i think, and Puya, Machine Head, and Haji's Kitchen fucking kick my ass. I like a lot of it... actually one of my favorite genre's along with Melodic Death and Prog rock/metal.

Well, is it just me or are the lyrics something that could stand a bit of improvement?

Slipknot: "Fuck-my-self-fuck-you-all!!!-fuckeverything!!-fuck this world!-fuck-every-thing!-fuck......(continued to end of track)

Just a constant chanting with simple hard music. I am one who hears Ulterior messages easily and with this band I hear "I have a small penis and really wish it wasn't so small. I will now fool disgruntled young teenagers into thinking I identify with them so they will give me all their money." -- or something close to that.

Originally posted by Somberlain
I can't stand the stupid whisper/sing then the screaming for a few seconds and then back to the whisper/sing..It is pretty much all the same Nu-Metal trash..

yup, you hit the spot. thats probably why i hate those bands. also because of the lyrics and the unoriginal riffs used in every nu-metal band. its come to the point where i cant even tell the difference between those teenie-bopper bands.

And mostly that it's so bloody unfair that quality music like Opeth's goes unrecognized while shitheads like Limp Bizkit get awards for their assraped sounds that they manage to produce :mad:

Originally posted by CarcassKreator
Why most people hate bands suchs as Korn, Slipknot, Mudvayne... ? What's the reason for this? Why do you hate them?

Because it's a fucking sell out music. Slipknot and Korn talking shit about MTV but this channel made them stars (freak on a leash, wait and bleed)
Most of this band really don't know how to play, they had 2 guitar lessons and they decided to make a band.
The music is just terrible noise. Everything is the same:

*Distortion* "FUCK EVERYTHING" *Distortion* "FUCK EVERYTHING" *Distortion* "FUCK EVERYTHING" *Distortion* "FUCK EVERYTHING" *Distortion* "FUCK EVERYTHING" *Distortion* "FUCK EVERYTHING" *Distortion* "FUCK EVERYTHING" *Distortion* "FUCK EVERYTHING"

It think you've got my point :D .

Originally posted by CarcassKreator
Why most people hate bands suchs as Korn, Slipknot, Mudvayne... ? What's the reason for this? Why do you hate them?

Radio Stations

I won't necessarily say hate, but how can you not get sick of something when you hear the same thing over and over for months. You'll hear the same song - over an over, then, magically, 2 months later, the 2nd song is released from an album, and then you get bombarded all over again.

On the other hand, bands like Opeth and Nevermore never get any air time, so short of buying all their music, you have to search and search to hear their music. Part of me resents that fact - here I am, someone who considers Opeth's music far superior to most that is played on the radio, but it doesn't matter. The masses win out, and bands like Slipknot get airtime, popularity, and money, as much for their "show" ( look, gimmick - whatever you call it) as for the quality of their music (which many times is lacking). I have grown to hate radio - for the playlists are too repetitive, and DJ's seem way too high on themselves.

I like many songs from these "hated" bands. Some may not "measure up" to the complexities of Opeth, or the raw power of Annihilator, but a lot of the songs sound good to the ear. If I don't over-analyze and compare, I can easily listen to bands like Disturbed, Mudvayne, Korn, etc.

Speaking for myself - I like underground music - always have. I find it truer to the ear, not even remotely manufactured to make money. If a band gets lucky - great for them. Metallica is the best example. Until the Black album, they were considered underground speed metal with the likes of Exodus, Slayer, etc. Slayer made some headway into the mainstream, but Metallica just plain blew up. Then, they put out Load, Reload, the Symphony stuff - compared to their older works, how can you not smell "sell-out"? Black was huge for them - and I like that album. But magically - they start to sound polished - partly because they now had tons of dough, and could get great recording studio work done, and clean-up the edges. But I never cared about the edges - I loved their "raw" sound of old, like Battery and Master of Puppets. Now gone.

So I blame the radio for overplaying these bands to the point where I am just sick of them and their sound. I don't choose to listen to radio music - I turn on the radio, and that music is there, along with mostly annoying DJ's, talk, advertising, etc. Opeth - I listen by choice. I never resent things that I choose to do.

Originally posted by Somberlain
I can't stand the stupid whisper/sing then the screaming for a few seconds and then back to the whisper/sing..It is pretty much all the same Nu-Metal trash..

Whisper/singing then screaming = Opeth, Hmmmmm :bah: Dude Thats like shit.... and fuck....

i dont hate them, i dont like them. its becasue they sound shit, thats about it, and if theres a good song by them then after about 5 listens it gets boring and gives you a headache, just think of it like this:

Why do you hate Steps, Spice Girls, Boyzone etc.? then substitute the band names.

i dont hate them, i dont like them. its becasue they sound shit, thats about it, and if theres a good song by them then after about 5 listens it gets boring and gives you a headache, just think of it like this:

Why do you hate Steps, Spice Girls, Boyzone etc.? then substitute the band names. oh and the lyrics are really shit/annoying for a lot of the bands, i mean come on it needs improving, it happens with other metal bands too with Satan mentioned for the sake of it.

Originally posted by Garm
And mostly that it's so bloody unfair that quality music like Opeth's goes unrecognized while shitheads like Limp Bizkit get awards for their assraped sounds that they manage to produce :mad:

and thats where the hate comes in it for me, i dont hate the music, i dislike it but the hate is for that. it makes me sick to see that bands like opeth are then compared to all this shit nu-metal, its annoying that you cant say you like metal as people think you mean the crap on tv and start saying yeah slipknot this and that, to which i reply no shut up. good bands dont get recognition oh well.

I don't hate them, indeed Linkin Park, Staind, Godsmack, Tool, and System Of A Down are some of my favorite bands. Though I admit I'm getting pretty damn tired of certain Linkin Park songs because I hear them like twenty million times a day and it drives me insane. So I think popularity comes into play a little.

I refuse to like or dislike any band simply because it's fashionable. However metal is way more complex, has melody, progression, and originality, while the majority of bands I hear in the mainstream are carbon copies of other bands. I believe that plays a part also.

The vocal style of numetal pisses me off. I am very fond of growling and crazy vocal styles, and of course with the occasional soft interlude. Now, when I hear the same heavy guitar and drum smashing for three minutes and thirty seconds twelve times with the same yelling vocals (not growling, yelling), with the occasional break to whisper or yell quieter, I get pretty damn bored. I admit if you put numetal on with say... an action movie, and you're just watching the movie it can make the action seem more actioness, but I would never want to sit down for an hour and listen to a whole Godsmack album or what have you.

I don't hate them, I just don't listen to them, along with most of the other shit on the radio. The only thing that pisses me off about these bands (Slipknot, Korn, Limp Bizkit, etc.) is that people think that all metal is like that, because that's all they hear. There will always be a fundamental difference between mainstream bands and and the underground, regardless of distortion levels, etc.

I fucking despise them i hade the chance i would burn them all alive. They dont know passion, love, skill or expression.
They play utter shit. And look at the recognition they get get for their pitiful efforts , a lot more than many other bands/artists should, and you know who's fault it is the listeners fault for believing.......:( :cry: