Slipknot,Mudvayne Etc..

I don't really know if S.O.A.D really belongs in the nu metal genre...they are quite different I think than all the other nu metal bands. Regardless, I like them. I don't care "how unmetal" of me it is to like them.

this subject is really getting old AND fucking rediculous
dont get me wrong, im not a huge slipknot fan or mudvayne fan for that matter, but they DO have SOME redeamable qualities...mudvaynes singer has a lot of talent i think, he can do great transition between rough and clean, i dont care for their guitarist or bassist though, drummer is ok
as far as slipknot goes, i can see what theyre trying to do, i dont love it, but its tollerable, their singer is okay, i dont mind rap, i grew up around it, i like some of it now, about the "not liking nu metal thing"...ok...fine...but thats the SAME shit people were saying when ozzy hit the scene, and so on, i dont think theyre bad, just different, sometimes slipknot is a bit overboard as far as how many members they have, but whatever, makes for an interesting stage show i imagine, a lot of people dont think nu metal is worth a shit, and anything electronic is worth a shit, but running a turn table isnt all that easy, nor is rap, try to rap, a lot of people say rap is shit, but cant do it them self, rap is not an instrumental art, its a vocal art. i used to bag on slipknot just cause they were popular, but when i thought about it, i realized that i enjoy and am influenced by metal, and that i also enjoy and am influenced by rap...and that if i were to have a band, i might sound something like slipknot...anyway...thats my 2 cents

p.s. the slipknot guitar players are better than most of the fuckers bitching about how shitty they are

Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat is awesome, THE first slipknot CD... before the 's/t' one that was trendy, they had a different singer, death guy... piles of cool jazz, and solos.... then they simplified it all and dumbed it down for the masses... Mind you, i own the S/T album, and i think it's got a few decent songs on it, Purity, Prosthetics... :headbang:

Mudvayne... hmmm... "Death Blooms" is a cool song, decent riff... but aside from that, it's reallyl "hollow" sounding, not much instrumentation going on in the guitar area, idiodit geetar lines... the drummer is a fucking dude, bloody meat-axe on the skins... bassist is okay, better than most nu-er stuff...

Svaltvinter said:
Slipknot is both pathetic and hypocritical at the same time I think. They are pathetic in that they have 9 members to do what 4 or 5 could do, as previously stated. They are hypocritical in that, they say how they wear the masks so people don't pay attention to their looks, but the truth is, they probably wouldn't get nearly as much attention if they didn't have the masks. Mudvayne, I at least have more respect for, but I still don't enjoy their music in the least.
you are retarded.

i like coal chamber, well the s/t album anyway. the second isn't too bad either, but anything after that, meh. but yeah i'd much rather listen to coal chamber than devildriver. and mudvayne can kick ass from time to time. LD 50 rocks.
*blushes and locks herself in her room*

Black Winter Day said:
I can't believe I once said that.
For Shame BWD. FOR SHAME. In conclusion, I find both bands, and 99.9999% of the genre, boring, horrible musicians, emotionless [(or whiny, self absorbed, etc.) focusing on one pointless idea].

Hmmm... they do not do anything for me, and I find the the teenage angst exuded by Slipknot to be simply annoying as all hell, and the simple song structures and predictablilty of the bands is also tiresome... they do nothing me due to their complete lack of anything special or remotely interesting

I don't enojy Slipknot's music at all, I find nothing that interests me when they play. I also don't like how it is all about the masks, and don't kid yourselves it is.

I have read several " reviews " of the new CD and saw them a few weeks ago on the HeadBangers Ball, I STILL don't know what the new CD sounds like because all the articles and the interview on HBB were about the MASKS.

" the kids are showing up at the shows wearing the old masks, then they see us in the new ones. Now people are going home and making new masks " :err:

Mudvayne I can honestly say, also do little for me. I do like the song Not Falling though. all of the others I have heard just don't stick in my head.

That is all. nothing major.

I'd just like to say I love Slipknot and Mudvayne, and I love Nu-Metal. Not only do I find the music pleasant to listen to but also I enjoy the repsonse it generates from traditionalists. And in the spirit of winding people up I say, bring it on... biatches :)

I really began to despise shitknot when I saw a hammer interview with them with the huge title of something like "HYPE IS SHIT. FUCK HYPE"

This was about a week before their second main album which had been advertised to fuck(by them in the interview, and accross all metal mags) and the fact that whenever they talked about the album it was devoid of detail and just general "WOO. IT ROCKS. ITS TR00 METAAAAALLLLL"

Fucking hypocrite tards.
You'd think with so many people at least the music would be worthwhile.

And mudvane look like tools.