Wilks Ebay story

WILKS

Sep 9, 2002
Underground
Visit site
Last Sunday i won a 7" single from ebay.It was I Can't Wait Anymore,yes i know its shit but it was the limited edition pouch pack in mint condittion.I paid the seller Monday morning and when i got home from work on Tuesday it had arrived.When i open the package to my horror the record was snapped in two.Although the record was well packaged the postman had folded it to get through my letter box.I sent email to the seller(Missing Forge Records,Paisley Scotland).I told them the story and said i would still leave them positive feedback but in future they might want to write do not bend on the package.They Emailed me back with an apology and sent me another copy for free.How fucking cool was that.So to all you looking for rare records i highly recormend Missing Forge records.I am now the proud owner of a record i shall never play:lol:

Wow, that was good of them, wasn't it? There are some decent people on Ebay then! A lot of them on there, particularly the ones who have shops on e-bay, or just sell a lot of stuff, seem to have a bad attitude!

I got the the same record on ebay myself. I've got lots of Saxon stuff from ebay and apart from one occasion, haven't had a bad experiance.

Wilks - In that single you bought, there is a discogrophy. According to it, Saxon realeased 'Rockin Again' and 'Broken Heroes' on 7' and 12'. But I can't ever remember them two songs being released, and I have never seen them ever come up for sale on ebay (pretty much every other Saxon single has been sold on ebay). Do you know (or anyone else) if these two songs were ever released on vinyl? I know 'Rocking Again' was given away free with Sounds magazine, with I think 3 or 4 other bands on the single, but I'm sure if the single was ever released in it's own right?

WILKS said:
I think Rockin again was.I think there was a video for it on the innocence tour video.Maybe they were the American singles.

Rockin again..nice song I hope for an upspeed version of that song, with Doug scarret ingredients in it.

Rockin Again, yeah classic song that !!!

Cool ebay story btw wilks !

Great story Wilksy but it doesn't really surprise me cos I've found that all the Paisley people are ultra kind and very very friendly and of course there's tons of Saxon fans in Paisley as well. And guess where I live - YIP PAISLEY:lol: !!!!!!!!

It must have been a reeeeeeeally rare limited edition!
Good job he had plenty in stock!!

Postmen........<shudder>....... I'm in a good mood today, I'll try not to think what fucktards some of them are.

TheAssMaster said:

Postmen........<shudder>....... I'm in a good mood today, I'll try not to think what fucktards some of them are.

I second that! Mine keeps leaving my parcels (recorded delivery, no less!!) out on the front door step, despite me having to report the numpty several times over! :Shedevil:

Sammi951 said:
I second that! Mine keeps leaving my parcels (recorded delivery, no less!!) out on the front door step, despite me having to report the numpty several times over! :Shedevil:

yeah, ive heard all about your postie, bugger lol !!