Will The Next Wintersun CD Be Pushed Back...AGAIN???

It's from their official homepage. This complexity is supposedly partially responsible for the constant delays, there's also the matter of some equipment breaking. Anyway, this is why I believe this has such potential.

kool. Thanks man.

I also heard that actually booking a recording studio was also a problem, don't know if that's still the case. But hopefully they solved that and it's on it's way in early 2009. I've been waiting to hear it for a long ass time.

I enjoyed the debut. It wasn't amazing beyond belief the way some people feel, but I enjoyed it. It looks like this will be solid. I'm mostly curious as to how the fuck they're using 200 tracks...

I dunno. I feel that while it wasn't "amazing beyond belief", it is definitely a fucking solid power metal record. And this is coming from a guy who for the most part, hates power metal. :lol:

update from the Wintersun drummer from site...

Things are much better now concerning finishing the new album.

The new computer was a necessary thing to have no question about that ,and this is something we have realised now.
With the old pc we was just the obstacle that made this thing to delay so badly.
The new mac has been the right answer for our struggle.Jari has been able to continue and finish some of the orchestrations that was impossible to do with the old pc.
So we are here at the moment:

1. Intro is totally ready
2. Sons of Winter and stars- Some Orchestrations still on the works and vocals about 50% ready.Everything else is done.
3. Land of snow and sorrow- Some orchestrations still on the works.Vocals and everything else ready
4. Time- Some orchestrations still on the works,Vocals almost done and everything else ready
5.The way of the Fire- Some orchestrations are still on the works,Vocals almost done and everything else ready.
6.One with the shadows- Orchestrations still on the works,Vocals and everything else ready.
7.Storm-Orchestrations still on the works,Vocals and everything else ready.
8.Silver Leaves-Orchestrations and Vocals still on the works and everything else ready.

So like you see there´s still things to do but we have to remember that we almost "lost" one year of work with our old pc and that´s a lot of work.
So let´s look at the bright side.Now things are progressing and also Jari has made some great improvements with the vocal work.
Things seem a lot better now.
I will write in this section to tell the news about progressing of the album.
So now you have some facts to deal with and we go back to work now.
Talk to you all later!
Cheers!
Kai

I am eagre for hear this album. The self-titled is one of my favorite albums in exsistance and almost epitomizes everything I like about music in general. I have high expectations of 'Time' but it's obvious that the musicians and composer behind the music has even higher expectations than myself, so I'm not too worried.

A few mates of mine travelled to Metalcamp 2008 during the summer and they informed me that the encore for Wintersun consisted of 30 seconds from a new song. They said it was one of the most intense things they'd ever heard in their lives.

I'm also pleased about the updates that Kai has been supplying in regards to the new album. Sounds like everything is coming together

This is gonna be good

It´s been the most difficult record to make in my life. The album is very huge, I don´t know if it´s gonna fit even in the 74 minutes of a CD. The track count is very high, about 200 tracks per song. So it´s almost like two albums in one (or three Slayer albums :p). But I´m gonna finish this, no matter what.
That's rich, considering Slayer fits more quality metal music on 1 album of 30 fucking minutes than this little pixie rudeboi could stretch the time limit of the CD format with.

"Time"...yeah, no shit....

Fauxs will get sand in their vaginas, fo sho.

Was it really necessary to be obnoxious? Especially considering that 1, he was referring to the amount of material (since slayer's albums are short and consist purely of bass, drums, guitars, vox) and 2, the last bunch of Slayer albums have sucked.

Hell yeah SKELETON CHRIST I HATE JESUS EVEN THOUGH I GO TO CHURCH I SEE THROUGH YOUR CHRIST ILLUSION I'VE MADE MY CHOICE 666!

I just loved the video for Eyes of the Insane. When i first saw it my immediate reaction was that the director was taking it a little too literally.

tbh you're a useless troll and I don't know why you haven't been banned yet.

I and surely many other people think his opinion is correct, so maybe he isn't trolling in this particular instance and you just happen to disagree.

tbh every post I've seen from him was an intensely negative, obnoxious, unnecessary comment and I was responding to them as a whole rather than specifically to that one, which was negative, obnoxious, and unnecessary, regardless of whether or not people agree.

Just out of curiosity, why do people think it's a big deal that there's 200 audio tracks recorded for each song on this album? There are plenty of songs that have as many.

I'll just post a video of the most famous one, which actually has more than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if we ignore the rest of the song (which is by no means simplistic or single-layered), the operatic canon in the middle contains over 180 vocal tracks on its own.

Regardless of whether or not there's more, the fucking number of individual tracks on each song doesn't make it any more impressive overall, and in all likelihood he's doing more harm than good by using so many. Stop being so easily amused you child.

Yeah that always sounded like something to do just for bragging rights. I doubt he'll be reaching Queen levels of epic vocal stuff or anything...