Will The Next Wintersun CD Be Pushed Back...AGAIN???

I realize that I said I wasn't going to post here again, but I'd like to clarify something. There is absolutely no way that the 200 individual audio tracks for each song on this album will all play simultaneously, and I'm fairly sure that the majority of tracks recorded for each song would be layers of choir or instrumentation that will probably appear spontaneously.

He didn't actually record things that are the length of the entire song 200 times to layer all of them together or anything remotely close, I'm sure of that, and it's a misconception to assume that he would do that or even feasibly be able to make that not sound deafeningly muffled together.

By the way, Björk's entire album Medúlla is another good example of this supposedly not common thing. I'd really suggest you actually look this up before you say it hasn't been done a lot by various artists.

Overdubbing many audio segments together isn't uncommon, and I can continue to provide examples of this for as long as it's necessary, but it would probably be better for you to prove me wrong if you doubt it since I've already been able to provide numerous examples and I really don't care to type a list of examples of something that you can look up on your own.

She used the word people. Unless you two are so close that she considers you part of her she doesn't count as people.

EDIT:
I would be surprised if there were much more than 100 tracks all going at once but he did spend a ridiculous amount of time working on this so I wouldn't rule anything out. I imagine a lot of it is orchestration and ambiance.

I'd like for you to tell me where I can look up albums by the number of individual audio tracks they contain in each song.

Overdubbing many audio segments isn't uncommon but it's not very common for an entire album to have around 200 tracks on every song - you've provided exactly one example of albums that have a lot of tracks on every song. How you expect me to prove you wrong I'm not sure, unless you want me to go and listen to every bit of recorded music out there and then give you the tally. My evidence is purely based on experience - of all the albums I have or have heard, none or almost none have 200-ish tracks on every song.

How about using Google to search for articles on overdubbing and songs and albums that make use of large amounts of overdubs? Though to be entirely honest, I've pulled every example I've suggested so far just from memory of albums that I've heard before.

By the way, stop taking this personally or acting like I ever said that you suggested that using a lot of audio tracks makes it innovative, because my statement was generalized and referred to the amount of comments made about the number of audio tracks that will appear on this album, both in this thread and every other place I've seen this album discussed since it was first announced and talked about.

I also provided more than one example of albums where every song has hundreds of audio overdubs, so stop lying.

Tbh I haven't exactly been taking this personally, it would be you who's resorted to personal invective. The number of tracks has been discussed widely because if not for that the album would have been finished a long time ago. I think at this point we barely even disagree so I'm going to bed.

Say a band plans to release an album with 1 song, 40 minutes long.

Has it been done before? Yes
Is it worth mentioning? Yes
Is it common? No
Does it automatically make the album great? No

I think the haters are just looking too much into this, they are the ones making the track count a "big deal."

She used the word people. Unless you two are so close that she considers you part of her she doesn't count as people.

I laughed hard at this :lol:

that being said, I think you guys should just stop arguing now. It's pointless. I mean, who the fuck cares how many tracks he has on there going at once?

btw don't say you don't because your arguing about it.

When she said "people" she was talking about every time WAIF is made a fool of, not just this time.

GameFreac said:
Yeah what's wrong with that?

Is there a rule that your favorite band has to have a minimum of 3 albums to be deemed credible for a "favorite spot?"
No.
It's just...Wintersun...not really the best album ever in the opinion of everyone on the planet except you.
That's all.

I think he's just saying that it's tough to call a band your favorite when they've only released one album. I suppose if it's totally your favorite album ever, then you could call the band your favorite too. It's just kind of incredible.

And also that I find it a little weird that an album so lacking in weight should be your favorite.