Windows 7 64 bit not recognizing Profire 2626.

J.DavisNJ

\m/
Nov 8, 2005
NJ, U.S.A.
Hey dudes,

I'm in need of some assistance.

My new laptop won't recognize my Profire 2626. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. I have the most updated drivers installed, but when I try to open the Profire control panel it says no Profire device is connected.

The inputs/outputs, etc. show up in the Cubase device manager, but I can't seem to get her working in Cubase.

Any ideas?

thanks

Ok guys, I got the control panel to work. It was a matter of updating the firewire port drivers in Windows.

Now I'm having a routing issue. I simply want my 8 analog inputs to work - I'm doing some drum test recordings tonight.

I'm a total noob, so humor me please lol. I have no clue how to set up the control panel for this. The Profire is getting signal, but Cubase is not.

Mono ot stereo tracks? The device manager in Cubase shows all of the inputs but they are listed as inactive.

HALLLP!

how'd you get to 3,450 posts without knowing the difference between mono and stereo o_0

one preamp = one mono track
two preamps = one stereo track

try reaper, see if it makes more sense there.

Of course I know the difference, but I had tried every possible combination to make it work and it didn't. I was ready to pull my hair out so I thought I was doing something horribly wrong...:)

Anyways, I figured it out so all is well.

thanks

While I'm here, has anyone dealt with this particular bug in Cubase 5/Windows 7?

Basically while working, doing whatever, random windows will disappear. Usually it's the mixer window. It randomly moves itself allllll the way to the bottom of the workspace for no apparent reason. sometimes when I even create a project, the main pane will not show up. apparently some dudes had better luck after updating to 5.5.2, but it's still giving me shit. It's a common problem:

http://www.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=131390&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Anyway, it's still doing it for me. I'm running the 32 bit version on Windows 7 64 bit with no problems otherwise.

thanks