Profire 2626 and windows 7(64 bit) random pops.

Yeah dude i just let that latency checker and i got A LOT of red spikes.. i dont really know how to run that test i just let it run and here are some screenshots.

1-1.jpg
That's your problem. Now let's try and find what's causing it. The most usual culprits are: wireless cards/modems, ethernet cards. So first tell me if you are using a wireless modem or a wireless card (or something wireless). Also, let me know if you have any other firewire device.

pd: you run the test fine, all you had to do is let it run and check for yellow and red spikes.

That's your problem. Now let's try and find what's causing it. The most usual culprits are: wireless cards/modems, ethernet cards. So first tell me if you are using a wireless modem or a wireless card (or something wireless). Also, let me know if you have any other firewire device.

pd: you run the test fine, all you had to do is let it run and check for yellow and red spikes.

Yeah dude im using a D-Link wireless USB for internet.. I disabled the ethernet modem that comes with my pc prior to testing it....

So i disabled the wireless and still get those spikes dude... i even noticed that by just running program those spikes begin... for example i just open itunes and i automatically get the red spikes... so now im not even sure if its hardware related!

The thing is that im usign the same computer with same specs in both systems(xp and win7)

The only difference is the Hard drive... unless can the Hardrive be whats causing this??? :guh:

Im on the Xp system right now im i been letting the Latency checker and no red spike has come up in the 20 mins its been running.

So yeah might sound stupid.. but im going to install a clean XP in that hardrive and see what happens.

So i disabled the wireless and still get those spikes dude... i even noticed that by just running program those spikes begin... for example i just open itunes and i automatically get the red spikes... so now im not even sure if its hardware related!
It could be some piece of software fucking up, but I am not sure about that. Does it happen when you open programs that do not use internet? Try again disabling every ethernet/wireless/whatever related to networking cards
yes:( Have you heard of that being a problem?
Yeah. Your onboard IEEE could be sharing IRQs (it's mostly your case) and that other device using the same IRQs (probably the video card) is producing those spikes.

You should get a PCI or PCI-e firewire card (just firewire 400, not combo) with a Texas Instruments chipset. Those things are like 15 usd

Sending back my profire 2626. I am switching to the focusrite saffire pro 40.

If I have the same problems I am gonna send it back and save up for a RME. It just really pisses me off that I shoudl go back to xp or buy an extre Firewire card to get this to work. also - in all honesty - the craftsmanship on that profire 2626 is not very convincing...and I couldn´t make out a huge difference for the preamps either. I´ve been using an alesis multimix firewire 8 before that(yeah, a piece of shit I THOUGHT!). hoping for the focusrite to be a little bit better.

will come back weeping when I have the same problem again haha.

FAQ on M-Audio about this problem/that´s also what the support linked me: in german: http://de.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.faq&ID=f5abf4bd59b5420f9adbbb6709080d77
in english: http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.faq&ID=f5abf4bd59b5420f9adbbb6709080d77

For the record, I am having dropouts with my Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 (one or 2 per day) and I am trying to fix the problem with technical support. It is not related to DPC latency. On the other hand, I am positive that will have problems with any interface (except RME which is supposed to be able to bare with IRQ-sharing) as long as you stop sharing resources (that is, buying a $15 usd FW card)

dexter prog said:
that is, buying a $15 usd FW card

yeah, will do that if I keep having the same problems. but will continue talking snap about the profire. understatement.

no srsly though. I am sincerely hoping that the craftmansship on the focusrite is better than the profire. If it´s not I´ll have to send that one back as well. I hate that cheap feeling of the knobs, like they are close to coming off when you adjust them...the presonus has a great knob feeling.

yeah, will do that if I keep having the same problems. but will continue talking snap about the profire. understatement.

no srsly though. I am sincerely hoping that the craftmansship on the focusrite is better than the profire. If it´s not I´ll have to send that one back as well. I hate that cheap feeling of the knobs, like they are close to coming off when you adjust them...the presonus has a great knob feeling.
I share your pain though. I've been having problems and trying solutions since day 1 when I got a Presonus Firebox. I bought this Focusrite hoping my problems would go away (plus it's got better preamps), but the problems are there. I tried almost everything. I am considering buying a new computer whenever I have some money as it's the only thing I have not changed, but still, these problems blow. It shouldn't be THAT hard to get a damn interface working. Someone needs to invent a new technology other than fucking firewire

Ok, so I got the focusrite and it was crashing when I opened Cubase. The support linked me to this site: http://beta.focusrite.com/ and recommend me to try out the 2.2b driver set. And guess what - it does work!!!:) I am super happy.
Gonna return the separate firewire card today as well.

Fuck its been like 2 months and I still havent found a solution to work on windows 7!!!! Any of you guys figure out how to detect whats causing this DPC latency??? Ive tried disabling my of my hardware, changed system setting in windows and i still get spikes! Im starting to consider just building a new pc but thats not in my priority list any help?? :(

dude i already have a pci firewire(TI) the issue here is more with windows 7 because this latency issue only occurs with windows 7. Could it be my motherboard???

BTW: even when i disable the firewire port i still get these spikes so i dont think it has to do with that, what other things should i disable besides lan, wireless, usb.. ect?

wait for a driver update or maybe ask them for it. I bet it´s not a problem with your computer. just compatibility.

it´s what they tell you cause it´s easier to blame someone else I think.

So yesterday i just went to local computer store and bought a new motherboard(Asus) and i just tried it for the fuck so i took apart my PC and build it up with new MB and installed a clean windows 7(64) and to my surprise it worked there! I ran the DPC latency and i rarely get spikes without even doing tweaks to to PC. So yeah it must have been the Gigabyte MB that was causing those spikes, only thing that sucks is that i spend more money in the Gigabyte MB than this small Asus MB(Asus P5G41- M LX2) it was 50 bucks. lol

So now im just considering which one to keep(I have 15 days to return MB) should i keep this MB which is a lot inferior to the Gigabyte?