Profire 2626 and windows 7(64 bit) random pops.

xmortumx

Jun 17, 2008
I just got a new harddrive so i installed a clean copy of winows 7 professional 64 bit, and everything is running great and i also installed the profire 2626 with its latest driver but i seem to have problems. So i made the profire 2626 my main audio playback, and but after listing to music of itunes or youtube i get pops here and there, and then the sound gets distored :zombie:

Any ideas why this is happening, so after the audio playback gets all distorted and sounds like shit i have to reboot the profire then it goes back to "normal" playback but it seems that it happen randomly on any playback of the computer.

Btw my computer specs:
Intel Q9550 Quad core
4 Gb Ram
Installed OS in 1 TB
TI Firewire card

These are the same specs in which im running the profire in another hardrive which has xp, and i never encounter these weird pops, and distorted sound when setting the interface as my main audio playback.

Sorry to get your hopes up with this post, but I plan on getting a Profire 2626 and I have a laptop with Windows 7 64-bit loaded on it. Someone should respond and confirm that the 2626 will work with Win 7 64-bit.

The profire is a wonderful interface I love it but it has some serious issues!
For example in xp i would get a lot of blue screen errors, and its something that many of us get, so i though that if i moved to windows 7 that maybe that issue wouldn't happen but now i get this new problem of distorted playback which is fucking weird because i have no clue wats causing it.

Im also running Cubase 5 32 bit, but i havent even had time to see how the profire runs with cubase 5 in windows 7.

Btw dude do u set ur profire to be ur main playback interface for windows 7?

I have a Sony Vaio laptop ( Intel i5 520, 4 gig ram , firewire xpresscard with TI chipset) running windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I faced 0 problems while running my profire 2626 with my laptop. It seemed to perform better with my laptop than with my PC. My PC has windows XP installed btw. Hope this info helps :)

No, my Profire isn't my default, the regular laptop's audio is. When I startup my machine with my Profire on, I have to select the Profire in Cubase prior to opening a project. the laptop's audio controls everything else outside Cubase, though.

Well i just tried another firewire card and the same issue... so im thinking this def. has to do with Windows 7. Im going to make my computer soundcard the default playback see if it helps. But thanks dude for ur input.

try turning off memory paging, really kills DAW performance when its not completely disabled. since you have a 1tb drive now, your paging file is most likely tapping into a majority of that unoccupied space, turning it into slow, virtual crap memory

try turning off memory paging, really kills DAW performance when its not completely disabled. since you have a 1tb drive now, your paging file is most likely tapping into a majority of that unoccupied space, turning it into slow, virtual crap memory

Thanks dude ill give that a go.

Okay im still having this issue and Im thinking it has to do with sharing IRQ but idk if i can change that.

Btw how would i disable memory paging?
And no i havent tried downgrading firewire.. would that be like Roll back driver? Well when i click on my device manager options for the firewire i can roll it back.

I have problems with synchronisation. gonna call m-audio tomorrow.

i have a q6600, 4gb ram, gigabyte p35 ds 4 board.

Sorry to get your hopes up with this post, but I plan on getting a Profire 2626 and I have a laptop with Windows 7 64-bit loaded on it. Someone should respond and confirm that the 2626 will work with Win 7 64-bit.

I use my Profire with Windows 7 64-bit and it works just fine.

Yeah dude Im starting to loose hope with this... this is fucking weird!

I mean the profire works perfectly fine with Windows Xp, but Geez why wont it work with windows 7.
Im using the same computer, just different hard drive.

Ive tried all the optimization options that i found online and this seems to be a problem that many get(distorted audio playback)
so im just thinking of just staying in xp, or trying out windows 7 32 bit which would suck because i paid for the 64 bit.

Yeah dude i just let that latency checker and i got A LOT of red spikes.. i dont really know how to run that test i just let it run and here are some screenshots.

4-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

If I´d known what a piece of shit the m-audio support is I would´ve gone with focusrite.