Windows 7 latency problem

Kellii

Nov 24, 2010
Livingston, Scotland. UK
Recently got windows 7 64 bit on my computer. After setting everything up and installing software for my focusrite I noticed latency problems.

After using Latencymon and Dpclat i discovered the driver that is causing the latency is called wdf01000.sys.

After reading Google the only info I have found is using the advanced settings in the power save mode and turning them all off. This hasn't helped one bit and it is still causing problems and running at 20.0000 ms.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this? it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I have windows 7 64 bit I have absolutely no problems. Open up Saffire Mix Control> Go to settings on the bottom right > Buffer Size > try something low> im at 768 and got very little latency > try 256.

It's not the saffire pro or its Software, the buffersize isn't doing anything the cracks and pops are still there at its lowest and highest. It is also happening when I use the ux1.

The problem is wdf01000.sys running at 20.0000 ms for no real reason. It's eating up most of my CPU. Its not a delay its delays cracks pops and freezing up frequently.

Thanks for the suggestions, from what i found out so far its apparently driver problems.

Your main problem should be elsewhere. wdf01000.sys is a piece of windows on which multiple drivers are based. So, the latency should appear in wdf01000.sys, but caused by another driver

Your main problem should be elsewhere. wdf01000.sys is a piece of windows on which multiple drivers are based. So, the latency should appear in wdf01000.sys, but caused by another driver

After disabling almost everything that I don't need for the computer to run properly(disk drive and usb etc). I think it may be conflict with the Gigabyte software drivers conflicting with wdf01000.sys, any one have a Gigabyte motherboard and had similar problems?

Yeah Sprack its the same problem, thats one of the first things I found in google but it didn't help either, I've spent almost £400 on this computer so I'm gonna have to start saving pennies for a new motherboard haha.

After Bios updates and countless driver updates I'm almost ready to give up :(. I honestly have no idea how the problem could still persist.

The native instruments suggestions made it a little better but there's still huge spikes.

Thanks again guys. Gonna get Googling and forum snooping again to see if there's anything I missed yesterday that might help.

good old power mamagement i guess. default setting is "save energy" or something like that, this completely slows down your CPU etc.
set it to "best performance" and it should be ok.

Managed to fix it finally. It was something in the install disk for the Gigabyte that was conflicting with the drivers.

I uninstalled windows 7 and re-installed and ran Latencymon and Dpclat and it was fine the I selectively installed drivers off the gigabyte Cd(just Bios and internet drivers, There's tones of useless junk like bluetooth and usbchard etc... ) now it works fine.

Thanks again for all the help guys and those links are awesome Sloan.

After fixing the computer I tried the focusrtie suggestions and the Native instruments suggestions and managed to make the computer a wee bit faster :).