Windows 7 - terrible midi playback, any way to replace GS wavetable synth?

Well, I found this as an alternative to GS wavetable synth. It's a Timidity installer that DOES work on x64. Everything is in Japanese so I used google's translator:

Firs I got to this site: TiMidity++ windows synthesizer(TWSYNTH) Project Top Page - SourceForge.JP

I downloaded and installed that. That thing added a driver which I can use in Guitar pro (and I suppose in other programs).

Then I updated the content of the Timidity folder in Program Files with this: Google

That guy seems to have worked with Windows 7 x64 and updated Timidity's files.

It sounds similar to GS wavetable synth, with little differences For example, drums are panned on the listener's perspective and cymbals are a bit loud. Also I am not able to mute drum sounds anymore (as in when a drumer plays an open hat and then closes it with the pedal, you know), but that's not so terrible when composing

I'm the one who posted this issue on Tomshardware. I've tried several different installs of windows 7 (all 32bit) and they've all shared the problem.
I've tried multiple sound cards (onboard, Creative Audigy, and my Logitech USB headset) all producing the same problem.

The Timidity workaround works and is much better! But i don't care for the drums.

Specs:
Windows 7 32bit
Core 2 duo E8400 (3.00GHz)
Asus P5K-e Motherboard
Creative Audigy 2
Sapphire radeon 4850

Maybe we have something spec-wise in common that could be giving us the problem?

I'm the one who posted this issue on Tomshardware. I've tried several different installs of windows 7 (all 32bit) and they've all shared the problem.
I've tried multiple sound cards (onboard, Creative Audigy, and my Logitech USB headset) all producing the same problem.

The Timidity workaround works and is much better! But i don't care for the drums.

Specs:
Windows 7 32bit
Core 2 duo E8400 (3.00GHz)
Asus P5K-e Motherboard
Creative Audigy 2
Sapphire radeon 4850

Maybe we have something spec-wise in common that could be giving us the problem?
Hmm, no specs in common:
Windows 7 x64
Asus m2nov-vm
Amd Athlon x2 3000+
Focusrite saffire pro 24
onboard vga

I didn't have any problems with the demo on my laptop.

But I'm not upgrading from 4 anytime soon..

-Paul

It's not a guitarpro issue. Just midi in general. It does it to me in TabIt too. I haven't worked out any fix. I just try to ignore the clicks. heh

No probs here (Windows 7 Ultimate). Do you guys have... you know, legit copies?