Winds

Only this release is worth a purchase if you ask me, basically because the singing seems pretty weak and quite samey. The song pacing is also the same for all the songs.
But that said I still can enjoy it quite a lot.

btw, Opeth fans who haven't heard Farmakon's A Warm Glimpse should do so soon. But of course I expect that most would have as there is a forum for them already here in UM :D

Mark said:
This forum is provided (and paid for) by Opeth for discussion about the band's music and performances. Please refrain from using it for anything else.

I agree with all musical tastes in this thread so far!

The Winds is wicked, I'm definitly gonna order it ASAP. I burnt off a copy of the promo for myself for my wait in the Emergency Room yesterday and it was wicked, I love the solos and the strings on the album kick ass.

Farmakon also kicks ass too, fuckin love that one. I like how it mixes the Bloodbath style with the insane Cryptopsy-like bass solos and funk parts, love it, pure genious!

Martyr said:
I like how it mixes the Bloodbath style with the insane Cryptopsy-like bass solos and funk parts, love it, pure genious!
What album are you listenening to? Bloodbath? Cryptopsy?

Hey I must put my opinion not that any of you probably care but I think the singing fits the Winds style very perfectly and any other singer would spoil it for me.