Windsor Test Drive

Just for the hell of it, I've added a couple of more versions for comparison:

Windsor Test Drive: Original Post, pure Peavey Windsor

Windsor & 5150 Combination

Same riff, Pure 5150

Personally, my favourite out of the bunch is #2. It's got the midrange girth of the Windsor along with the brutality of the 5150. The two seem to match up just about perfectly. I think I found my new "thing."

The straight 5150 track is nice, too, but it's lacking some of the mids of clip 2.
Of course, personal tastes will differ, but I'm liking what I'm hearing.

-0z-

I really like the midrange on this one. I'd like to try one in person - what area was the pre gain in? I've found that I tend to have the gain knob at least two notches below everyone else I jam with, often closer to three.

Jeff

I really like how this sounds! Really chunky and thick tone. There seems to be plenty of low mids, but it doesn't get muddy at any point. The 5150/Windsor mix version sounds best to me also. How much md421 was in the mix?

Oz, I really, really love that clip. $320???? I think I may have to go out and seriously try one of these things and potentially buy one. That mid range is so smooth. Is there any crazy eq-ing going on in your DAW or is that sound raw? I'd be very curious to find out.