Wintersun...The New Bodom?

i dont really see a lot of similarities between bodom and wintersun. i mean i guess the vocals yeah, but it's not like bodom created that type of vocals. and the music itself? i really dont see much similarity. i think both are really awesome bands. they make good music and that's all that really matters.

OK I've been browsing this board for a while, and this thread is a good one, so I figured I'll start posting (my name is Don by the way :wave: ). I just got the Wintersun cd about a week ago and it fuckin rocks1I can see the similarities to Bodom, but Bodom set up a really cool style of music so why not take some influence from it? Overall I think it's my fav CD of 2004. Oh, and Power Metal owns all, 100% homosexual or not! :headbang:

I think many journalists loose themselves in finding categories for bands and music. Maybe you can compare Wintersun to Bodom, but I can also find loads of reasons, why they sound different. Anyway: I love their debut. Or should I say his debut...
Hey, it´s a one man´s work, and that fact alone is fucking adorable!!!

Well, I figured that when the end was coming near, I would probably name WINTERSUN Album Of The Year...and I did.

It's perhaps the best debut in years. And hearing all of the exciting news about Wintersun playing live and writing songs for a sophomore effort is a bright light during an otherwise dark period for metal, with Dimebag's passing.

Anyways, here's my complete list...

1. WINTERSUN by Wintersun
2. THE GLORIOUS BURDEN by Iced Earth
3. EPIC by Borknagar
4. FATE OF NORNS by Amon Amarth
5. THE FOCUSING BLUR by Vintersorg
6. THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED by Megadeth
7. NATTFODD by Finntroll
8. HANGOVER MUSIC VOL. VI by Black Label Society
9. SYMPHONY OF ENCHANTED LANDS II-THE DARK SECRET by Rhapsody
10. LEVIATHAN by Mastadon