Wintersun...The New Bodom?

I like what the one dude said. Alexi's solos are a lot more interesting than Jari's. Jari's shit sounds like it came straight out of a text book. "101 Ways to use the same Solo over and over by rearranging arpeggios" I think that book was written by the guy from Necrophagist! He seems masterful in that area! ;) lol

Shadeg summed it up about the solos. I really like the folk influences in the riffs and as shocking to myself as me saying this is, Jari is a better musician.

gkelter said:
I like what the one dude said. Alexi's solos are a lot more interesting than Jari's. Jari's shit sounds like it came straight out of a text book. "101 Ways to use the same Solo over and over by rearranging arpeggios" I think that book was written by the guy from Necrophagist! He seems masterful in that area! ;) lol

well put. i dig wintersun and ensiferum, but i like bodom stylistically a lot more and alexis solos have a lot more feeling in them. he knows how to write a solo to make a song better, which is suprisingly rare.

ya the thing about ensiferum is even though they write awesome songs and have a pretty original sound, the actual diversity in their songs isnt nearly as diverse as bodoms songs have to eachother. in a lot of ensiferum songs you sould switch chorusus and verses with other songs and you couldnt tell the difference, but itd be much harder to do that with bodom. however by no means am i saying ensiferum is bad or anythin, its just that bodom is more diverse.

Wintersun is kinda like a finely-tuned Ensiferum. It's as if Jari took all the ensiferum songs and combined the "good" parts to create Wintersun.

Wintersun is alot different from Bodom, besides the common Finnish style that is present in all of these bands. Alexi is definately tops everyone else's leads though. Imperanon has some great leads as well - I haven't heard anybody really talking about them on here, but they seem more fitting to fill the void of Bodom's old sound.

I dont understand how the whole comparison to Bodom thing came about. Wintersun has much more in common with Blind Guardian, Vintersorg, and Borknagar than they do with COB. There are maybe 3 or 4 Bodom-like grooves on the whole CD. Most of which are in the first song. Wintersun has clean vox, more atmospheric keyboards as opposed to a lead keyboard approach, acoustic guitars, and nowhere near as catchy solos. Jari tears it up on his cd, but I know he's no Alexi when I'm not humming his solos afterwards. If you listen to the cd for what it is, instead of thinking "how is this the same as COB?" , then you'll find that it's actually a pretty good release by itself. However, is it gonna replace Bodom? No, because its not the same fuckin shit anyway.

What's even funnier is you fucking CoB groupies are so in need of closure that when a new and fantastic band comes along, you have to state your opinion that CoB are so much better and try and belittle the other band by making yourself feel better and showing that you're a cob fanboy.
Get a fucking life.

Yeh that is the funny thing about elitist fanboys. They can never admit that there could be bands out there better than the band they worship.
I would be interested to know the average fanboy age.. prob why it has been described as nintendo metal hehe.

Ive been told that Jari has chosen Teemu from Imperanon to be the lead guitarist of Wintersun. IMPERANON FUCKING RULES! and i agree with Gavin, you all compare every new band to bodom, its really getting old. They all deserve respect for getting to where they are now. who knows, one day they might actually be better then bodom. How do you like that?

bought the album, and it fuckin kicks total ass, i really dont see the bodom influence throughout the whole album, they really dont sound anything like bodom, my favorite songs are starchild(awesome) and death and the healing(the keyboard tone at the beginning is cool)

I really like this band, thanks for telling me about them. The sweeps are out of control.....

Does anyone know of any other very technical bands? The reason I got hooked on Bodom was the solos. SO if you ladies know other bands that shred like crazy, what are they? I am not talking about solo artist like Malmsteen, Vai, Tony Macalpine (THE MAN) etc, thanks

Dragonforce has great guitars and good songs and good riffs, but everytime i listen to them i can't help but thinking "Am i a fucking faggot?" Their music is just way too fruity.