Wintersun...The New Bodom?

needled, yeah gothenburg metal bands ripped of eachother and the first albums sounded the same by every band, but later on the scene had some really quality albums out, same with the bay area thrash metal scene, most bands sounded very much alike in the beginning, but later on they each evolved in their own direction..

what i believe is that the finnish melodeath scene is just in it's building stages and that we later on can expect some really high quality music from finland, some of you can do it already, some of us don't (me)..

whoa!!! someone said that jari is a way better guitarist than alexi, thats kind of a big statement. Everything i've heard from ensiferum and wintersun doesn't have anything that compares to the difficulty of the kissing the shadows solo. And anyway, alexi's style and stage presence is incomparable (although i have never seen the other two bands live, so i cant judge yet)

Endless Whore... are you fucking kidding me? The Kissing the Shadows solos.. for one.. are not even close to the most difficult of Alexi's solos. You could have used many other examples.

Jari is one of the most talented guitarists I have ever heard in my fucking life. Alexi, in terms of techincal ability, does not have SHIT on Jari Maenpaa.

gkelter said:
Jari is one of the most talented guitarists I have ever heard in my fucking life. Alexi, in terms of techincal ability, does not have SHIT on Jari Maenpaa.

Part One, Naw
Part two, Yeah

NeedledWarheart said:
Well yeah, cause Norther are Finnish and come from the Finnish Melodic Death Scene.

The Gothenburg scene is radically different, and one could say that a lot of gothenburg scene bands rip off each other.

There are, of course, exceptions.
Insomnium (finnish) sounds more like Nu Lames/Dark Tranquillity than they sound like any finnish band.
And early Sentenced must have been a heavy influence on the Gothenburg-scene.

But who cares about category. If it kicks ass, it kicks ass.

gkelter said:

hell yeah!
Jari is an amazing guitarist and im glad he shows it on Wintersun.

I will say tho, Jari is amazingly talented. One thing about his vocals that are amazing is that he can go from uber harsh to super clean. Its not often at all that you can find this in one person. I still rememeber one of the times he screamed for us in a bar. I am still half deaf in one ear from that :lol:

NeedledWarheart said:
Part One, Naw
Part two, Yeah

hahaha.. how do you know he's not ONE of the most talented guitarists I'VE ever heard in my life?! That was such a genericly bland statement.. c'mon, you don't REALLY know if it was true or not!!! *points* :hotjump:

I don't think Wintersun/Ensiferum are so similar. It's like saying that every band with a cookie-monster singer sounds the same.