wintersun

Good band, but nothing spectacular. The clean vocals get a bit tedious after awhile, but meh. Favorite songs are probably Sleeping Stars (fucking epic song), Beyond the Dark Sun, and Starchild.

lastest Rammstein album is fucking good, i listen to it pretty often
Rosenrot fucking sucked, IMO. Way too much filler. Only good songs on it were Spring, Benzin and Mann Gegen Mann.

Tedious? :/

I want more clean vocals! Jari makes them so fkn epic.. to me the most epic parts of the album are the clean vocal parts (the few lines in Sleeping Stars, Starchild as a whole and Sadness and Hate)

The german language makes the lyrics rhyme.
Translation into our language wouldn't ryhme because we pronounce shit differently.

funny how off-topic this is

I know that it is the German language which makes it rhyme.
I thought it was funny that vikk said that lyrics not always have to be rhymes but this part of the lyrics(he posted) DOES rhyme.
anyway..never mind

Yeah, they are the ultimate metal band to me - just not you? They only have one CD at the moment, but it's not like that's all Jari's ever done... ever written a bad song in Ensiferum or anything?

/rant

Quality > Quantity?
Agreed, but for me, it isn't one of those mind-breaking cds. An example of that is The 1st Chapter, by Circus Maximus. When you listen to that cd and you realize it's their first, you cannot fucking believe it. :kickass:

ie: Wintersun is good, but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much overrated around this forum.

Agreed, but for me, it isn't one of those mind-breaking cds. An example of that is The 1st Chapter, by Circus Maximus. When you listen to that cd and you realize it's their first, you cannot fucking believe it. :kickass:

ie: Wintersun is good, but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much overrated around this forum.

Fair enough, but I don't see a problem with people being big fans and thinking highly of them? Surely everyone does about different bands that aren't our cup of tea.