Witherfall very Nevermore sounding...

Very King Diamond indeed. This is the new guitarist for Iced Earth. Pretty cool. Production-wise, the rhythm guitar tone could be much better though.

Can definitely hear the Nevermore influence, but I don't really hear much of King Diamond at all aside from the "classical" leadwork sometimes. It reminds me much more of Symphony X than anything in that regard. Now this would remind you of King Diamond (except nowhere near as good instrumentally):

Yeah, but it's not like King Diamond ever released a non cheesy video or anything. Anyway, been listening to the Witherfall album a hell of a lot. Ended up ordering the disc (which has a pretty cool print too). Still sounds the most like Nevermore meets Symphony X to me with Ripper Owens (or even Sean Peck from Cage, or Ralph Scheepers at times) on vocals. Although I suppose in terms of atmosphere or themes, it's somewhat King Diamond like.

Introduced this to a friend that I'm always sending videos to, and he thought this was also one of the best things I've shown him in a while. He also mentioned King Diamond...