Without being too much a nub ...

Oakenson

Nature's Child
Aug 2, 2003
Michigan, USA
Visit site
... I was looking for some November's Doom recommendations; I have The Novella Reservoir and thoroughly enjoy it from beginning to end and, seeing as there are a number of albums under the band's belt, any recommendations for in-print albums would be awesome! :)

By the way, and completely off-topic, I think it's extremely awesome that band members post here frequently ... it's nice to see fan/band connections made so intimately, especially thesedays!

well they have a diverse range of albums, so depending on what kind of songs you liked on TER you can choose another one to listen. they're all great though, so just check em all out. i'm waiting for the new one that's coming out soon!

^ thats exactly what I did lol
is it just more or do the albums get faster with every release? Either way, I love all of them, but unless you like you're music slow and powerful, the earlier releases may not be your cup o' tea

If you like Novella then Pale Haunt or our new album, Into Night's Requiem Infernal, will be your cup of tea. We do get faster with each other album it seems. You guys haven't heard Harlot's Lie yet :lol: One more week to go till the new one comes out, I'm excited :headbang:

If you like Novella then Pale Haunt or our new album, Into Night's Requiem Infernal, will be your cup of tea. We do get faster with each other album it seems. You guys haven't heard Harlot's Lie yet :lol: One more week to go till the new one comes out, I'm excited :headbang:

When I read this I got really excited that Harlot's Lie was going to be even faster (thats how I read into it)
but the revolver CD review says "tender ballad" :/ Now I'm not sure what to think

What incredible artwork to Into Night's Requiem Infernal! - thank you all so kindly for the responses and feedback, it is most appreciated! I think I will grab Pale Haunt Departure at the store tomorrow (I hope they have it) or, at the latest, I shall assuredly get my hands on the new album the 5th!

Regarding speed and such, I am, admittedly, quite a fan of melodic/power metal so, needless to say, fast songs are assuredly part of my listening territory, thus no complaints about that! :) ... and, of course, I like a lot of non-fast music too, haha!

When I read this I got really excited that Harlot's Lie was going to be even faster (thats how I read into it)
but the revolver CD review says "tender ballad" :/ Now I'm not sure what to think

They got the song titles mixed up for that review. I'm pretty sure they meant the song When Desperation Fills the Void and not Harlot's Lie. Trust me when you hear the two you won't make the same mistake :lol:

Sadly FYE had absolutely no November's Doom today whatsoever! - bah! :mad: ... but, on the bright-side, they did have the new Ex Deo album so I hope that's good (I've yet to delve into it) at the very least!

It seems I shall be placing an order through The End soon, then.

I liked how many ethereal soft parts they had on To Welcome the Fade, it felt like I was drifting through a field full of 'shrooms! But I agree about moving backwards. Or you could wait for the new CD, get it, then skip back a bit to Pale Horse, then move backwards. ^-^

I bought a CD at FYE once. They're expensive. You could probably get a better deal online, which is a laugh. :'(
Amazon's got the DVD for $13. That's a steal. x_x

Most FYE stores that I've been to carry our cds, so you can always ask them if they're able to order another copy for you. Otherwise, ordering from The End is always a good option too.

And the new cd has a good mix of uptempo as well as slower doomier stuff, brutal heaviness with soft melancholy, etc. Pretty much what I think people should come to expect of us. I do think (at the risk of tooting our own horn) that this cd has some of our catchiest melodies and hooks to date though.

I was looking for some November's Doom recommendations; I have The Novella Reservoir and thoroughly enjoy it from beginning to end and, seeing as there are a number of albums under the band's belt, any recommendations for in-print albums would be awesome! :)

i reccomend: all of them. seriously, i do. (can't completely vouch for the 1st album, as i couldn't find it at the time i ordered all available full-lengths-shortly after pale haunt departure came out-or round that time) but since all of the ones after are good, then: odds are it is too (law of averages-pretty much) *evil grin*

if you're into what the lyrics mean/the inspiration for the albums + songs, then i rec. geting the book that paul wote: The Wayfaring Chronicles. i was expectig this book to be like $20 or more when i was reading the description, then i saw the price and about hit the floor for how good it was priced: $12 US. wasn't expecting that pleasent surprise, lol. it was worth it too, imo. lyrics are a big part of the over-all package for me. that and the quality was extrodinary (even more so when you consider the price you're paying for it)

somewhat related:
if anyone in the band is reading this, i have a few questions about the store: 1) are the Amid It's Hallowed Mirth CD & the DVD in stock for your site still? and do the prices include shipping too? most places do, but some don't. hell i may get the signed posters aswell. they look pretty cool. 3) are you guys up to anything now (studio, touring, promo's, etc.) that may delay the order? so i can get an idea before ordering. i may try talking my dad into letting me use the card again *evil grin*

though he won't let me use the card for the entire Highlander series (+the spin off series) boxset on ebay (and the cheapest set is $100 brand new) i oughta beat him for that, lmao. basically my chances are slim, but it never hurts to try. lmao. anyway, thanks in advance for the info.

By the way, and completely off-topic, I think it's extremely awesome that band members post here frequently ... it's nice to see fan/band connections made so intimately, especially thesedays!

yeah, it is cool. most of the bands that haven't hit HUGE (like megadeth, metallica, etc. level) communicate with the fans online. which is, IMO awesome. it's the same with a lot of indy like profesions from sports to music, even pro-wrestling & actors, etc. aswell. i've always liked that about the non-mega-huge counter-parts. and usually (for the most part) the talent is better & they communicate with people like they're there & not ghosts or some sort of primitaves/lower-life forms, ya know?

i can under stand the bigger a band is the more they have going on & the more people who want to talk to 'em, so it's impossible to talk to everyone who's interested in doing so (the saying: "ya can't save 'em all" comes to mind)

I bought a CD at FYE once. They're expensive. You could probably get a better deal online, which is a laugh. :'(
Amazon's got the DVD for $13. That's a steal. x_x

Aye, they are, I usually only get things the day/week of their release since, traditionally, FYE will have those titles on sale or, as in the situation yesterday, when I'm looking for something very specific that I hope/think they may have. In general I do prefer to go to a store and purchase something rather than ordering online, since I'm rather impatient, haha, and, furthermore, with The End lately, the shipping really seems to take forever to get from them to me ... :(

I sure hope they get the new album the week of release for I shall be back there then, without a doubt! ... I think I will go with that and, afterwards, begin working backwards, which seems to be the general consensus as to what is best for me to do regarding November's Doom - so it shall be written, so it shall be done!

Just an example; I've seen at FYE Devin Townsend discs for fuckin' $21. The regular jewell case. Ocean Machine and Terria(I think it was). I got OM for $10.99 and Terria for $12.99 from Amazon. It will benefit you a great deal to take your time and look around on-line, and wait a week or so to get it in your mailbox. FYE, imo, and stores like that are designed to gouge the customer. It probably cost $15 to walk in the store. Another option would be to go to the bands web-site or label and buy the item.