WitTR- Black Cascade Latte Venti w/ a touch of cinnamon

“Black Cascade will be the last metal album that we do. We are very hungry to push our sound forward to a new space."

edit: this new album is overcompressed as hell, very hard to listen to. fuuuuuck this SHIT has GOT to STOP

i listened to avichi and was not immediately impressed fwiwtbqfh

actually on final listen this disc is rather inconsistent ... doesn't flow well.

Thuja Magus Imperium and Astral Blood are my faves off of it on first spin.

i did like the early WitTR better though ... that repetitious hypnotic crap suits them better.

Listening to this with a copious amount of thai food, caffeine, and a pair of brews, swirling in my belly. I think I found the right mix. Despite losing an arm and a nut to the local auto scheister, I'm managing tranquility via this dirt worship. While I do miss the chaos of their earlier outputs, I may put this above Negro Cascade due to the overall mood inducement. The fact that it's no longer 110 degrees outside also adds to the flare of it all.

these dudes are playing TWO nights in Brooklyn ... tonight AND Wednesday at 2 different venues ... serious hipster recruitment is going on.

Heh, I always felt that these guys sounded better on recordings than live (caught them 3 times at various gigs). They got the whole overpowering wall of sound going which does them a disservice. The omission of the feminine vox also detracts from their whole live vibe. (Not to mention that you have to look at these twats)

Black Cascade and Two hunters were miles ahead of this new one, which is mostly garbage.

I don't know, most of the time it feels like the music is made of one layer of gorgeousness and two layers of bullshit. I really don't understand how they went about writing these songs. They have an awesome thing going for them sound-wise, especially the guitar-synth buzzing hive which is uplifting, but what they make of it in the end pretty much amounts to failure.

ok so upon 4th listen, about 80% of this record is totally useless. They probably hit a wall early on in the making and proceeded to fill the huge gaps in the music with random nonsense. End of story.

Taking a different approach than their previous LPs, Celestite is a completely newly envisioned, parallel-universe version of Celestial Lineage, the beautifully blackened fourth studio full-length epic WOLVES IN THE THRONE ROOM released via Southern Lord in 2011. Celestite arises with a whole new, ethereal approach. There are no drums and no vocals. Rather, deep, heavy crystalline synthesizer journeying, Eno-inspired analog processing and arcane acoustic instrumentation expand upon dimensions folded within the universe of Celestial Lineage.

The Weavers tell us: "To make Celestite, we delved into the subterranean sonics that are buried in the mix of Celestial Lineage. We isolated them, processed them and took this unearthed soundscape as our starting point. Upon this base we recorded an entirely new album. Some melodies from Celestial Lineage are recognizable, but these familiar sounds appear as ghosts, barely tethered to the original compositions. This new album is an unorthodox foray; a fully instrumental, experimental companion record to Celestial Lineage. We left some work undone with Celestial Lineage. The recording of that album in the Winter of 2011 was a monumental project for us personally, and the creative fire from those recording sessions was still burning. This recording process was an opportunity to journey into our own inner universe to complete that which needed to be completed."

I quite enjoy Celestial Lineage, but boy are these fucks some pretentious twats. "You cant sell out a forest."

a bad trashband for garbage idiots

Two Hunters is a FANTASTIC record. Black Cascade is also worthy. Like I said earlier in this thread, Celestial Lineage is garbage and the fact that they are making a new album based on it's premise, means it will also be garbage.

Taking a different approach than their previous LPs, Celestite is a completely newly envisioned, parallel-universe version of Celestial Lineage, the beautifully blackened fourth studio full-length epic WOLVES IN THE THRONE ROOM released via Southern Lord in 2011. Celestite arises with a whole new, ethereal approach. There are no drums and no vocals. Rather, deep, heavy crystalline synthesizer journeying, Eno-inspired analog processing and arcane acoustic instrumentation expand upon dimensions folded within the universe of Celestial Lineage.

The Weavers tell us: "To make Celestite, we delved into the subterranean sonics that are buried in the mix of Celestial Lineage. We isolated them, processed them and took this unearthed soundscape as our starting point. Upon this base we recorded an entirely new album. Some melodies from Celestial Lineage are recognizable, but these familiar sounds appear as ghosts, barely tethered to the original compositions. This new album is an unorthodox foray; a fully instrumental, experimental companion record to Celestial Lineage. We left some work undone with Celestial Lineage. The recording of that album in the Winter of 2011 was a monumental project for us personally, and the creative fire from those recording sessions was still burning. This recording process was an opportunity to journey into our own inner universe to complete that which needed to be completed."

sounds like they're doing what Katatonia did with DEKs and Dt & Uc. same but different. ambient shit's good, so i'm intrigued.

Ive said it once, I'll say it again. My brush with the drummer at Noctis Valkyries still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Most pretentious fuck I ever met in my life.