Wizards

Isn't Beloved that movie with Oprah? I doubt it could have been as weird as the shit she has on her show.

A really weird movie is Kansen (Infection).
Forgot to mention Dead End and Uzumaki (Dead End isn't from Japanese people, but they sure make the weirdest movies).

The wishing stairs! Now that's fucked up...

Stairs, fat Asian chicks, more stairs, dead fat asian chicks, puking fat asian chicks, more stairs.

Metal head87 said:
Isn't Beloved that movie with Oprah? I doubt it could have been as weird as the shit she has on her show.

A really weird movie is Kansen (Infection).
Forgot to mention Dead End and Uzumaki (Dead End isn't from Japanese people, but they sure make the weirdest movies).
Infection, Chinese with subtitles? I just watched that last night.

With that really dirty hospital and people bleeding that green slime and spreading diseases through through the subconscious.

Yes twas very strange, though kinda creepy.

Which reminds me. What version of Legend did you like better? Shorter version w/ Tangerine Dream on the soundtrack or the extended international version?

Personally, I hated how the music was "gayed" up on the international version. The shorter one was just that: short, but the soundtrack was cool. International version was too happy and "bird-chirpy" and just gay.

firewalkjen said:
Infection, Chinese with subtitles? I just watched that last night.

With that really dirty hospital and people bleeding that green slime and spreading diseases through through the subconscious.

Yes twas very strange, though kinda creepy.
Yeah, but I think it was Japanese.
The first time I saw the movie, it was like at 1 in the morning and it was very foggy outside. I had the shades open, and the lights off. It really freaked me out when I saw it like that. Especially that music that is played when they show the ambulance siren when it's all blurry.
It loses the effect after you've already seen it though. But that first time, it is probably one of the weirdest horror movies ever.

Metal head87 said:
Yeah, but I think it was Japanese.
The first time I saw the movie, it was like at 1 in the morning and it was very foggy outside. I had the shades open, and the lights off. It really freaked me out when I saw it like that. Especially that music that is played when they show the ambulance siren when it's all blurry.
It loses the effect after you've already seen it though. But that first time, it is probably one of the weirdest horror movies ever.
Yes sorry Japanese. Yes It was very creepy. Loved it.

So I rented that "Infection" movie and watched it last night!

I enjoyed the style it had about it, such as the dichotomy between thematic elements of a psychological thriller to a more straight up horror film. Even with the typical J-horror nonsense plot rife with random twists it still managed to feel fresh and entertaining. Of particularly interest was the abundance of green slime, and a genuinely creepy moment or two kept me on the edge of my seat. Thankfully the inclusion of cliche j-horror devices was kept low.

Weirdness, though? Sure... it had it a decent bit of it, but it was nice that the movie was enjoyable on its own as a horror film, so I could separate it from just flat out "Weird" to "psychological horror" , where "weird" is more of a useful way for creating an atmosphere all it’s own.

All in all, however, I really enjoyed this movie!