Wolfmother

carnut

\m/
Apr 29, 2004
Helgium
I stumbeled onto Wolfmother on Myspace and kinda dig them. I don't know if they were mentioned here before? They sound like a late 60's hardrock band, very classic hardrock style. Especially the song "Woman" is great. Good vocals, strong songwriting. I don't get into this kind of retro-rock bands very quickly, but these Australian guys do a good job in my opinion..

http://www.myspace.com/wolfmother

They are pretty big here in Aus, had a few hit songs and did the Big Day Out tour here and that really put them on the rock map
Not a huge fan myself, altough i do dig that 'woman' song and antoerh one which i cant recall right now...thats it, 'minds eye', thats an ace song imo

They do remind me of the 60s, 70s bands too. They're kind of hit and miss with me. I've had the mp3s for about a month now and it hasn't cracked the regular rotation. My wife has pretty much the same opinion as I do. I really don't know what to think of that. :)

ermmm, seems I'm way behind...this seems to be a hyped band for a while already...got some hard disagreements on another forum that they are over-hyped and stuff..still, I kinda like them. Not my fav or so, but a cool "old" sounding rockband...

carnut said:
got some hard disagreements on another forum that they are over-hyped and stuff..still, I kinda like them. Not my fav or so, but a cool "old" sounding rockband...

Bah! You like what you like. Right now I happen to like your new avatar. Pretty cool! :)

Wheezer said:
Bah! You like what you like. Right now I happen to like your new avatar. Pretty cool! :)

hehe, well it's stolen from the old Samson logo..I allways kinda liked it, has a good chance in ending up my back as a tattoo sometime..

Wolfmother and The Crown have been getting some decent word of mouth in the last couple months. I also recently checked out the band Priestess and they have similar qualities. www.priestessband.com (Click the thumb for audio)

Strangely enough, I am working on starting a sister site for UM.com called UltimateHardRock.com and have extended an invite to Wolfmother to set up a forum. Priestess is already on board as well as a couple other known Hard rock bands.

Anyone know any good Hard Rock bands with no/crappy forums? I am looking to get some "founding" bands to start up the forum.

MetalAges said:
Wolfmother and The Crown have been getting some decent word of mouth in the last couple months. I also recently checked out the band Priestess and they have similar qualities. www.priestessband.com (Click the thumb for audio)

Strangely enough, I am working on starting a sister site for UM.com called UltimateHardRock.com and have extended an invite to Wolfmother to set up a forum. Priestess is already on board as well as a couple other known Hard rock bands.

Anyone know any good Hard Rock bands with no/crappy forums? I am looking to get some "founding" bands to start up the forum.

Deron what do you mean by 'founding' bands?

UltimateHardRock.com sounds like a fantastic idea!!

I am thinking Rush, Max Webster, Triumph, Montrose, Van Halen, Y&T, Trooper, Pat Travers band, Boston, Blue Cheer, Mountain, MC5, Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, Blue Oyster Cult, The Godz, Riot,Ted Nugent, Frank Marino & The Mahogany Rush, Scorpions etc...

Is that what you mean?

carnut said:
With "founding" I think Deron just means bands to start a forum up ....

Yes that's what I meant sorry.

I'm trying to do it with bands out there currently who don't have forums, or have crappy ones. That way it is a win/win situation to get them on board. I may add some other forums from some older bands to allow discussions, like some that Hawk mentioned as well. Consider it essentially UM.com but geared towards Hard Rock. Everything from today's Hard Rock to yesteryear.

MetalAges said:
Yes that's what I meant sorry.

I'm trying to do it with bands out there currently who don't have forums, or have crappy ones. That way it is a win/win situation to get them on board. I may add some other forums from some older bands to allow discussions, like some that Hawk mentioned as well. Consider it essentially UM.com but geared towards Hard Rock. Everything from today's Hard Rock to yesteryear.

Sounds like a fantastic idea to me!! :headbang:

The Crown i thought was a swedish death metal band?
Perhaps your talking about a band called The Sword?
They remind of early Black Sabbath and Blue Cheer.
Also Carnut check out a band called The Gates Of Slumber you will not
be disappointed.

Checked out Priestess , indeed also very good I think, The Sword I don't like that much, doesn't sound vintage enough to me !! Sounds like there's a wave of nu-rock coming up .... ooooh noooooo :lol:

Too retro for me but 'Woman' have some catchiness. I donwloaded The Sword and like Witchcraft was way too stoner for my taste.