WOLVES IN THE THRONE ROOM, black folk metal in vein of Weakling..

Does anyone want me to upload a sample from the Wolves DEMO? I was going to do it anyway for the reco, but I can do it now if anyone is interested in checking it out.

Obviously I think it's well worth it.

OK cool - it's just the company bandwidth, heh. My rip is at 192Kbps, so not sure what the other ones are at.

Still, it's a long song I know at 14 minutes, but it's definitely worthy of discussion. There are 2 others on the demo, but I think the first one captures the vibe of the entire CD.

Well look, it is my kind of shit and I'm speaking in the name of several other RC members that the full-length will be a 2006 top 10 contender.

As you said, the likeness to Weakling is unmistakable but the music is fuller and warmer. I mean raw epicness to the max with a distinct medieval scent, who wouldn't crap his pants in glee? I know I will.

Vendlus are good people.

Edit - or more specifically a person, since I think it's still just Joseph who runs it. Not sure if he has any employees yet at this point.

ah ok, well that's why extra shipping to Europe was so cheap. I'm very much looking forward to listening to "Dead as Dreams" and this back to back, should be an exhausting but rewarding experience.

Yeah, Vendlus rule. I can't sing Joseph's praises high enough. I met him at the Agalloch show at Cambridge, MA and it was HE who introduced me to Andreas (The End Recs) and the Agalloch boys. He also handed me a bunch of his promos which I sent out to some of the RC forum regulars.

I'm also recommending that unhinged pitch his music to Vendlus. I think Scald would be a good fit at that label.

Nice to see him sign Wolves -- glad he's keeping that San Francisco scene vibrant.