WOLVES IN THE THRONE ROOM, black folk metal in vein of Weakling..

yeh i almost saw these guys a week ago, but i kinda forgot about the show. it was also only like $6. then, this thread was bumped and i got even more pissed i didnt go.

If I lived on the west coast, I'd go see Ludicra and Wolves in the Throne Room at every given opportunity.

It's cool that NYC gets a ton of great shows, but we don't have nearly as many standout local underground acts quite like SF or LA.

JayKeeley said:
If I lived on the west coast, I'd go see Ludicra and Wolves in the Throne Room at every given opportunity.

It's cool that NYC gets a ton of great shows, but we don't have nearly as many standout local underground acts quite like SF or LA.

we are working on a full usa tour sometime in fall. (my goal is to get ludicra and asunder on it maybe) so i might get to see you again jay! hehe.

dubloth said:
we are working on a full usa tour sometime in fall. (my goal is to get ludicra and asunder on it maybe) so i might get to see you again jay! hehe.

Woah, that would rule. Does John Cobbet play live with Ludicra?

JayKeeley said:
Woah, that would rule. Does John Cobbet play live with Ludicra?

I heard maybe it was a rumor? that john focuses on ludicra and hammers of misfortune now. I've never heard of john not playing with ludicra so i would say yes. I should ask them sometime. I know once they told me they were working on a east coast tour with a few acts i don't know if it fell through since they are recording a new album now.

I need to check out Zombi too. Ludicra is going to contribute to the swans tribute im working on, so excited about that :)

I really think this is the best USBM album since Agalloch 'Pale Folklore'.

I know 'Nocturnal Poisoning' is practically a classic, but this new Wolves album is really leaving a mark on me.

broader scope as in "i'm going to include bands with no relation whatsoever to black metal that i will nonetheless call black metal in order to come off as fucking stupid"?

disclaimer: nate you're cool though

Erik said:
broader scope as in "i'm going to include bands with no relation whatsoever to black metal that i will nonetheless call black metal in order to come off as fucking stupid"?

disclaimer: nate you're cool though

yeah I've got nothing against Nate, but Agalloch is pretty goddamn fucking far from "USBM", but I'm starting some genre bickering for no reason at all, and I can foresee this lasting for a few pages.