WOLVES IN THE THRONE ROOM, black folk metal in vein of Weakling..

JayKeeley said:
Yeah that's the only problem with Aquarius -- the fact that they're a real "brick & mortar" store means that their prices need to cover the overhead.

I didn't realize Weakling was so difficult to find, but that said, it's been out for a while. It's extremely "cult" -- I notice it's on eBay for $15 (with 2 days left for bidding).

I'm not arguing for the sake or arguing, but lots of distros run "real" stores as well, Regimental & Deathgasm come immediately to mind. Same price in store as online.

Vintage Vinyl would be a better example, but of course I can just drive there. I don't anticipate myself ever ordering from Aquarius though.

MadeInNewJersey said:
I'm not arguing for the sake or arguing, but lots of distros run "real" stores as well, Regimental & Deathgasm come immediately to mind. Same price in store as online.

Vintage Vinyl would be a better example, but of course I can just drive there. I don't anticipate myself ever ordering from Aquarius though.

Yeah but none of them are in downtown San Francisco.

I'll trade my copy of the weakling CD.... anyone have a trade list? If not, I'll sell it for $12 shipped ( but I don't have Paypal :( )

I don't have a trade list put together, but I'll definitely buy it from you.

What kind of stuff do you want from a trade? I could probably come up with something.

EDIT: Another option is that I could buy a CD at a distro (for around $12) and send it to you. You just send me the Weakling in return. I'm assuming it's in like new or very good condition.

Just list the CDs you are wanting right now. We can work this thing out.

eh who needs mp3's? I'll send them to your mailbox. I don't like posting in forum, as everyone and their mother gets free music I doubt they will eventually pay for. (Birkedunce, even though the fuck prob has it burned already)

Reign in Acai said:
eh who needs mp3's? I'll send them to your mailbox. I don't like posting in forum, as everyone and their mother gets free music I doubt they will eventually pay for. (Birkedunce, even though the fuck prob has it burned already)

Have you ever been to the "Latest Purchases" thread? RC regulars keep the metal industry afloat. :tickled:

Nate The Great said:
I don't have a trade list put together, but I'll definitely buy it from you.

What kind of stuff do you want from a trade? I could probably come up with something.

EDIT: Another option is that I could buy a CD at a distro (for around $12) and send it to you. You just send me the Weakling in return. I'm assuming it's in like new or very good condition.

Just list the CDs you are wanting right now. We can work this thing out.

Looking on my rack, the CD is not in its case! This means that it's in a booklet with a few others. We will continue this once it is offically located once again (soon).

JayKeeley said:
A few discussion points....

3 - The WOLVES IN THE THRONE ROOM album is near identical to the demo (aside from "Face in a Night Time Mirror parts 1 & 2" being on the release instead of "Dagger of Amethyst Crystal" -- which IMO is better than "Face..." but whatever, it's all fucken solid music). Even the production is near identical, which is probably a reflection of Tim mixing/mastering both album and demo perhaps? Of course, the main difference is the presence of Jamie Myers from HAMMERS OF MISFORTUNE -- I think her involvement on "Queen of the Borrowed Light" actually improves the song from how it was on the demo.

So for me, I'm not sure where I stand with the WOLVES album right now simply because the only new material to judge is "Face in a Night Time Mirror". I guess I was hoping for brand new material, but otherwise I'm in a situation of 'been there done that' because I've been listening to this stuff since last summer.

'Tis all good though!! :kickass:

If Joseph needs help promoting a tour with both WOLVES and LUDICRA, this is where RC should step up to the plate IMO.

you think its near identical to the demo? I dunno the more i listen the more it grows into something completely different in terms of production. The demo was recorded in olympia by some local friend of theirs, i think the production on it is great! however anywhere near tims work! they recorded the whole thing on analogue (a small factoid with tim, it was hell from what i understand ha!)

very few got that demo btw! it was only for sale on a small tour the band did on their journey to record the album and also i recieved about 20 copies which i gave to various press outlets to only very minimal results! but i hope to see some reviews coming in soon for the debut.

i would love to get that tour to happen, however we can only hope and perhaps see what happens. I only dream and then try to make it true.

Thanatopsis123 said:
I didn't think either demo was rare. You can get both from Aquarius Records. Though I had to ask them to order one of them.

They are... very limited pressings i would say no more than 100 maybe 200 of each.

I will check to confirm total copy amounts. I'm not even sure if I've ever seen a red edition, again something i need to check out.

I would highly suggest hitting up aquarius if you dont have a copy and want something to sell on ebay. i gave all my copies away (except my own) probably a huge error on my behalf haha! The push should be coming soon with all the promotion ive prepared and there is even talk of a vinyl coming out before a the full tour! im very excited hehe.

DSC02358.jpg

?