WOMAN!: if there's 1 for the men, there's gotta be 1 for women

-[chop]-@ If I would ever hear him speaking swedish that would be...well, so funny because its hard to imagine that a hot guy like him would talk swedish as his mothertongue. Hejsan!! Sorry, I dont mean that a swedish guy couldnt be hot but he just doesnt look like...a swede

I was only joking relax ^^

Voluntarily *shakes head*

yep, but too be honest if you could do Finnish as a major, I'd prefer that over Swedish. But since Belgian education is a little bit weird, I have to learn Swedish for 2 years in order to get Finnish as a minor course :loco:

yep, but too be honest if you could do Finnish as a major, I'd prefer that over Swedish. But since Belgian education is a little bit weird, I have to learn Swedish for 2 years in order to get Finnish as a minor course :loco:

I guess they've never read this:

"FINNISH AS A WORLD LANGUAGE"
Is it now the time for Finnish to take its place as the international language? It is obviously difficult to answer this question with certainty.

At the moment there seem to be several factors which would hinder such a development. First of all, Finnish is currently spoken by a mere 0.05% of the world's population; secondly one cannot learn the language in ten easy lessons; thirdly, a large number of Finns still do not understand it.

Although the advancement of Finnish has been a bit slow, there are Finns who point out the following advantages Finnish would have as a world language:

-It is an essentially logical language. The rules are absolute and reliable in all situations, except exceptions.
-It is a good sounding language; in other words, it is pleasing to the ear. This has to do with its wealth of vowels, which rules out ugly consonant clusters. It was recently suggested that some vowels should be exported to Czechoslovakia, where shortage of vowels is imminent, and that some Czech consonants should be imported to Finland. However, negotiations collapsed at an early stage. The Finns would not deal with a language that calls ice-cream 'zrmzlina,' while the Czechs in turn distrusted a language that calls it 'jäätelöä.'
-It is a concise language. One Finnish word can mean several different things in English. Why lose time and energy saying 'the committee that takes care of negotiations concerning the truce' when you can use a simple little word like 'aseleponeuvottelutoimikunta?'
-Learning Finnish builds confidence. If you can learn Finnish, then you can learn anything.
-Finnish has longer and better swear words than any other language.
In light of these facts we can see that the introduction of Finnish as a world language would be a blessing to all mankind.
The problem we now face is how to convince the remaining 99.95% of the global population to learn Finnish.

^ I know that, I lived/studied in Finland for ten months. I won't say I totally master the language but well enough for daily conversations

k18.jpg

k16.gif

:D Yeah, I know it's strange, but I like his cheekbones!

Alright, maybe I added a bit, but.. This is the post. :p