Woodmen building wood stuff ?

Plendakor

Oct 30, 2010
I bought a bunch of 2x4 and I'm making a workbench so I'll be able to adjust my guitars while I stand and at the proper height (50"), and recycle the top of an old table at the same time. I've wanted a workbench for ages.

But yeah, anybody working the wood here? Anybody built a guitar ? :)

I bought a bunch of 2x4 and I'm making a workbench so I'll be able to adjust my guitars while I stand and at the proper height (50"), and recycle the top of an old table at the same time. I've wanted a workbench for ages.

But yeah, anybody working the wood here? Anybody built a guitar ? :)

Yeah - just finished one. Here's the build thread over at MyLesPaul.com: http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/luthiers-corner/177708-longest-build-thread-ever-probably.html

I need to build a new workbench - or actually clean mine up after the guitar project.

My father has built in the last 3 years:

Coffee table
Matching end tables
Blanket chest
Queen size canopy bed (I helped on this one)
My recording desk
A Futon

Pretty sweet having hard wood furniture for a fraction of what it costs to buy. Shit the bed we emulated was fucking $1200, I think once I got done paying for hardware, wood, finish etc... I was in just under $250 (made it out of maple).

Wow a guitar, that's great man. Countless hours eh ?
This is my first thing but I'd like to design my own computer desk (and music).

The thing I'm the most proud of is the hole with the tube so I can trash stuff in it and it falls in a bin on the floor.

IMG_3321.JPG

Just finishing up two monitor stands, a simple desk and two acoustic absorbers.

The stands are awesome, should have done a build thread.

Whilst building a studio and helping my parents with their cottage build, I've found my inner handy-man! It's a very good contrast to music, you get to do something concrete with your hands. Going to build monitor stands soon with some MDF (I think) planks I have laying around.