WOODS Touring in 2009: The West is the Best @ the 'End of August'!

@ DAVE GOLD

Hey I emailed Nathan Carson @ http://www.nanotear.com/. He deals with Wolves in the Throne Room, Ludicra, and Agalloch booking for Portland OR. You should contact him as well and make it to Portland OR. :kickass:

SUMMER SHOWS UPDATE!

JULY 2009

Friday July 24 - TBA

Saturday July 25
London/St. Thomas, Ontario "Chaos Metalfest!"
@ The Brunswick Tavern
925 Talbot Street
St. Thomas, On, N5P 1E6
More info TBA soon!

AUGUST - "THE WEST IS THE BEST!" / "END OF AUGUST TOUR!"

Friday 14 - Windsor, On
@ PHOG Lounge (The #1 Venue in Canada, according to the CBC!)
www.phoglounge.com
157 University Avenue West
Windsor, ON N9A 5P4
(519) 253-1605
Doors @ 8:00, $10 admission

Saturday 15 - Toronto, On
@ THE ANNEX WRECKROOM
794 Bathurst Street (across from Honest Ed's)
Toronto ON M5R 3G1
(416) 536 - 0346
www.theannexwreckroom.com
3 band show from 7-10 pm, WOODS plays at 9 pm sharp!!

Sunday 16 - Sault Ste. Marie, On,
@ The Speak Easy / Algoma U
1520 Queen Street East
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6A 2G4
3 band show. Details TBA!

Monday 17 - Thunder Bay, On,
STILL NEED A SHOW!
Please contact: woodsofypres@hotmail.com

Tuesday 18 - Winnipeg, MB
@ The Zoo
160 Osborne Street, Manitoba, R3L 1Y6
Bands and details TBA!

Wednesday 19 - Regina, SK
@ The Exchange
2431 - 8th Ave, Regina, Sk
ALL AGES & LICENSED
Doors open @ 7:30
Adv $8 or $10 @ the door

Thursday 20 - Prince Albert, SK
@ "The Space"
247b, River Street West, Prince Albert, SK, S6V 5T1
$10 admission, doors at 6:30
Bands TBA.

Friday 21 - Edmonton, AB
@ The Mead Hall
10940 - 166 A St NW Edmonton AB T5P 3V5
Doors @ 8 pm, ALL AGES
Band and more details TBA.

Saturday 22 - Calgary, AB
@ The Stetson
10002 Macleod Trail, SW, Calgary, AB
Doors at 8:00 pm, admission: $10 in advance, $15 at the door
Bands TBA.

Sunday 23 - Hangover, AB
Details TBA.

Monday 24 - Vancouver, BC
@ The Cobalt
917 Main Street, Vancouver BC
Doors at 9:00 pm, admission: $10 at the door.
Bands TBA.

Tuesday 25 - Victoria, BC
@ Lucky Bar
517 Yates Street, Victoria, BC
Doors at 9:00 pm, bands TBA.

Monday 26 - NEED A SHOW IN BC!
Please contact: woodsofypres@hotmail.com

Thursday 27 - Coaldale, AB
@ The Vent
1814 20 Ave, Coaldale, AB
Details TBA.

See you soon! :kickass:

DG - \w/

Tuesday 25 - Victoria, BC
@ Lucky Bar
517 Yates Street, Victoria, BC
Doors at 9:00 pm, bands TBA.

Sweet! Lucky Bar is a really good venue. Its a bit cramped at times, but the sound is fucking sick and I think its perfect for a band of your size. See ya there and hopefully at The Cobalt as well. :kickass:

Updated!

+ Mark Coatsworth designed us a great t-shirt back for our Western Canada Tour, too!

westcoast_shirt_final4.jpg

seems the venue has been fucked up for the calgary show, any news on whats happening? i'll die if the show gets canceled

Out of curiosity, are Steve and Bryan still playing with you guys? I'm doing everything within my power to make it out to the St. Thomas gig, looks like it should be happening. Just curious \w/

Edit: And while I remember, trying out some of the new songs live? Hope so!

Joining us on bass is Evan's brother and band-mate from THE GREEN EVENING REQUIEM:

Shane "SHANESAW" Madden :kickass:

Personally and professionally, I am THRILLED to have Shane involved in WOODS OF YPRES. For starters, he will be our bass player for the recording of WOODS 4 and all the touring and shows this summer.

The bros are coming up to Canada tomorrow for the start of an action packed week of rehearsals, the CHAOS metalfest, GREEN Album band photos and bass recording! Action PACKED!!! :)

That's how we get it done, by any means necessary...

DG - \w/

^ Sweet! That's awesome, the new GER album is sweet too. Sucks there's no second guitar though. Feel free to enlist me for next summer :p

^ Sweet! That's awesome, the new GER album is sweet too. Sucks there's no second guitar though. Feel free to enlist me for next summer

Oh, 'Man-Beast' Bryan Belleau is still committed to the cause! He performed the (first ever, for WOODS OF YPRES) solos on the new album and will be joining us for all the touring! We are a four piece, on stage and as the WOODS 4: GREEN album band.

WOODS OF YPRES is now more accurately billed as a "North American Black & Doom Metal Band", now being comprised of two Canadian members and two American members. So, we tour Canada this summer, and the USA next summer, summer 2010!

Whoa, fuckin' lots going on right now! It feels good! It hurts sometimes, but still always feels good, you know? :)

DG - \w/

^ Man, siiiiick! Too bad about Steve, but I know he's got the wifey and all that, so best of luck to him. So glad to hear you're carving shit up, always up to date on the "twitbook". And hey, a smooth, no holds-barred recording session, the first in Woods history I would guess? :p I've got rehearsals running regularily for my band as well and plan on recording guitars in August and drums in September, having a couple shows and a demo launched in October or so. Feel the burn!