Woooo! First two Sound of the Underground tour dates!

$25 at the most, from what they've said so far. A few more dates have been added, so....

June 25 - Lowell, MA @ Paul E. Tsongas Arena
July 5 - Cleveland, OH @ The Scene Pavilion
July 9 - Sauget, IL @ Pop's Lot
July 13 - Orlando, FL @ Tinker Field

There's now quite a few dates for this listed at the Opeth site, as well as a link to the press release for it. So yep, Opeth is officially doing this tour. This will be their official US summer tour. ....That sucks so much ass. Of course I'll go, just to see Opeth again, and too support them, but damn, that's dissapointing. The Opeth site still says there will be "Several full-blown headline tours" after the release of the new album, so I guess we can only hope they'll come back, and this US metalcore crap festival doesn't wear them down, or burn them out on touring the US. And hopefully if they do come back we'll all still be alive, lol.

Damn it!

They're going to be in Montreal (July 3) two days before I get there! I guess the good news is that I definitely won't miss them when they get to Cali...

Maybe it will be like that documentary "Heavy Metal Parking Lot" that I cought by accident on IFC. I'd go just for that. Hopefully they let Opeth play more than 40 minutes, but I doubt it with all those lame bands. :(

Starless Dragon said:
There's now quite a few dates for this listed at the Opeth site, as well as a link to the press release for it. So yep, Opeth is officially doing this tour. This will be their official US summer tour. ....That sucks so much ass. Of course I'll go, just to see Opeth again, and too support them, but damn, that's dissapointing. The Opeth site still says there will be "Several full-blown headline tours" after the release of the new album, so I guess we can only hope they'll come back, and this US metalcore crap festival doesn't wear them down, or burn them out on touring the US. And hopefully if they do come back we'll all still be alive, lol.

I'm waiting for the full blown ones. Fuck...FUCKING RED CHORD!

Just thought y'all would like to know that http://www.soundsoftheundergroundtour.com/ has been fully launched. Enjoy.

Out.:devil:

edit: Looks like there are a couple of shows that are available to purchase tix as we speak with a little bonus...... "Each fan who buys a ticket via this Internet Presale will receive a $5 discount on the first ever "Sounds of the Underground" event t-shirt. You will receive a $5 coupon in the mail along with your tickets. This coupon can be redeemed on the day of the show at any merch kiosk selling the event shirt. Don't miss out!

A portion of the service fee from the internet presale will be given to The
American Cancer Society and Cure Autism Now."

Scanning a couple show prices seem to be at or just below $30.00.. I hope they are going to come all the way to So. Cal...If you are planning to go I would register at the site and keep your eyes on the "Tour Dates" section.

Alrighty then,

Out.

i hate festival shows, i.e. shows w 5+ bands, as i've said before..but ozzfest is kind of tempting. i don't know when i'll be able to see sabbath and maiden play together ever again. i'd also like to see mastodon. and i've already seen mudvayne, shadows fall, killswitch engage, in flames (twice), black dahlia murder, and soilwork.

Well there's a whole lot of new dates announced at Pollstar.com. Just look up Opeth, or Sounds Of The Underground. I'm glad to see that one of the dates is Dallas! Oddly, they're booked at Smirnoff Amphitheater, or whatever the hell it's called. It's basically the biggest outdoor venue in the DFW area, and one of the biggest venues in the area, period, holds like, 20-25,000 people. It's the same place Ozzfest plays every year. According to the SotU website, tickets will be 21.50. But according to Ticketmaster, tickets will be 30 dollars. Ok? They go on sale april 22nd.

Hmm...looking closer, I see that they are not, infact, booked at Smirnoff...Rather, according to Ticketmaster, they will be playing in...The Smirnoff parking lot. How lame. That's the same place the Ozzfest Second Stage is, it's so hot there in the Texas sumemr heat people were passing out and taken away by ambulance during Ozzfest. Wonderful.

Opeth has been reduced to playing for ungrateful metalcore kids in the Texas heat, in a parking lot, in broad daylight.

LAME.

Of course, I'll still go, cause hell, any Opeth is better then no Opeth.