Wordle (and variants) Thread

9DZ6.gif

got wordle and framed in 3 today, pleased with myself for the latter as it wasn’t obvious. failed heardle and worldle. i need to brush up on my
african geography

View attachment 30572

Eh. Made a few minor gaffes along the way but it could look a lot worse. I'm playing it on my desktop PC so not sure if I'll try to keep my streak when I go away.

That is an exceptional record. Not so much the streak coz wordle is pretty hard to fail, but anyone with more 2s and 3s than 5s and 6s is doing very well.

Edit: is that on hard mode?

21D58D3B-DB95-4820-9A81-C5C089C4FBD9.jpeg 2388089E-CCC8-4B2D-BCB9-FBDA4D881C5C.jpeg 9E3710FA-BF81-4897-BD4D-DFEB298AEDF1.jpeg 3FD029E1-9D9E-467E-95AE-C2540626B628.jpeg 638F4F9A-DCB8-43DA-A4AB-85044D2725EA.jpeg

here’s my stats so far. most happy with my framed stats, that max streak will be tough to beat. i suck so bad at heardle lol. worldle i’ve started doing better at since i actually did some research.

Edit: is that on hard mode?
No, I've avoided hard mode. Kinda the opposite of the letter elimination strategy I began with, and then I was more interested in keeping my streak and using the least amount of guesses. Plus there's times where I'm totally blank on coming up with a word that fits and I throw an ill-fitting guess at it after getting sick of typing out permutations of letters. Occasionally a nasty one could trap you too, eg. S?ORE could be swore/store/spore/score/snore/shore.

I just tried the hard mode on hello wordl for a bit. Learnt that metif is a word trying random shit before clicking that it was thief. It got tricky when I was locked into words starting with A. Also failed when I fucked up and reused a grey, so then I switched to the ultra hard mode which conveniently doesn't let you do that. It still got me in a near-impossible trap eventually: ?ATER with a couple of guesses left when it could've been dater/eater/hater/pater/rater/tater, and more if I hadn't ruled out CLMOW.

Tried it once to see what it was about. Made my own version of Wordl in C# for fun. Never touched it again. Game programming is a much deeper puzzle to solve