WORKING W/HIRAX - NEW MIX FOR REVIEW...

John Haddad (Shiva Industries)

Dump Truck Repairs
Nov 17, 2005
Corona, CA
www.trenchstudio.com
Heya all, thought id drop this new mix I did today for everyone to hear/comment. I tracked this stuff "5 songs total" 2 weeks ago and now am in the mixing stage - this is the first mix of one of the songs. 6 hours in total to mix it down. I dislike the top end hiss Im hearing however due to the KRANK amps used. Any comments and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:headbang:

http://www.revolutiondrum.com/mp3/deathdealer.mp3

Thanks In Advance
John Haddad

Sounds really good to me. I am not too happy about the snare sound but it fits the old school style of the music perfectly, so it's good.

I like the guitar sound, not too fizzy or top heavy at all. Good spreading of the drums over the stereo spectrum.

Haha, nice. Liking the style. The mix is pretty cool too. The toms sound quite good. The only thing I would work on a bit, would be to try get a bit more diffiniton in the guitars. Something about the gain/lowend is a bit muddy. That's all I can really hear to be 'annoying', for want of a better word. Nice work, though.

I actually think the snare sounds pretty killer for this kind of style. I agree on the tom comments. They sound great!

Did you use an ovedrive in front of the amps?

Thanks guys! I appreciate the input and compliments.

Jackal - We plugged straight into the amp, I really wanna pick up a Tube Screamer, especially now that I obtained my new tube set for my Dual Recto. What Tube Screamer re-issue on the market comes with the desired chip already in it ready to go?