World Cup

No offense to all your Brits on here, but I predicted the US to win the match tomorrow :p The US is a dangerous outsider this tournament. I predicted England to go to the semi finals as well though, the US won't make it that far.

Ah good I'm glad a thread was made. Just finished with the opening match...edge of the seat stuff but a shame, South Africa deserved a win. Opening goal was a scorcher :headbang:

High hopes for tomorrow, would love to wipe the smiles off smug dissenters :D Oh so fashionable to hate on England, at least I've picked that up from being in Scotland, so it'd be nice considering their squad issues for them to go out and hammer home an impressive score. With the group they're in I don't think they'll have any trouble reaching the next round. That said England will do as they always have...reach the quarters then play half a game of football ¬_¬

oh you are lucky - i got chile!!:cry:
shame south africa missed that last chance - they deserved to win indeed!

what has it to do with PQ? everything!! the quest has begun! go for it england!!:kickass:

Nah Andi, it's gonna be England 1-2 USA :p The USA has a surprisingly good bunch of strikers, they gave Holland a run for their money in the friendly match about a month back. On top of that they also got the right attitude, good morale. I think they're gonna do well before their heads get too big for their shoulders and they get kicked out in the quarter finals :p

In a sweepstake with some unusual rules (I can't be arsed to explain them all) that I've got going with some of me mates, I've got Algeria and Slovenia! Luckily there are prizes for most yellow cards and most goals conceeded in our sweepstake, so might get a bit of luck there!

Good first game of the World Cup, belter of a goal for South Africa! Still don't think they'll get past the group stage though.

Uruguay vs France was appalling, felt like two teams too worried about losing. Unfortunately that can be the nature of some of the opening World Cup games, the 2nd and 3rd group stage matches is where it tends to really pick up!

As people have said before, and rightfully so, USA can be a bloody good side and I reckon they could get as far as the quarters. I'm thinking England 2 USA 1 for tonight though.

I'm fancying Spain to win the tournament.

The boys played well but need to do better next week.

agree - actually, much better than any other opening in an official tournament- i think there is hope

it's like golf, you see - if you keep thinking of your bogey on the 17th, you will never get the birdie you need on the 18th - i hope they can just put this behind

1146135031.jpg

An unsatisfactory result from a stupid mistake. Having scored within 3 minutes we should have built on that momentum but instead played a very uneventful match. England had better pull their socks up for the next.

Unlucky Aussies too :( Though I heard the Germans played some great football.

Don't think there should be too much worry at the moment for England, nine times out of ten we would've played as we did with no howlers like the one Green made (his first ever mistake for England in what has been more than enough matches to prove himself, I hasten to add) and win and I'm sure we'll beat Algeria and Slovenia.

Poor decision to bring on Wright-Phillips though, why is he even in the squad? He's shite and has made a career out of running the ball down the wing to either lose itt, put in a poor cross or run it out for a Goal Kick. Should've taken Walcott instead.

Thought Ghana played well yesterday and would be good to see them make significant progress in this tournament.

As much as I shouldn't say it as an Englishman, Germany have become a team that plays brilliant, entertaining Football in recent years, they were a joy to watch in the last World Cup and if last night's match is anything to go by we can expect the same in this one.

Cahill's sending off was a poor decision though, definitely worth a Yellow but not a Red, could've been a different game if Australia kept 11 men.

Hoping for Holland and Cameroon to get through Group E, have a soft spot for both of them.

God I wish I was watching those matches instead of being at work!