World Cup

Poor decision to bring on Wright-Phillips though, why is he even in the squad? He's shite and has made a career out of running the ball down the wing to either lose itt, put in a poor cross or run it out for a Goal Kick. Should've taken Walcott instead.

Agree!

As much as I shouldn't say it as an Englishman, Germany have become a team that plays brilliant, entertaining Football in recent years, they were a joy to watch in the last World Cup and if last night's match is anything to go by we can expect the same in this one.
Totally agree there. That was a marvelous match and the Germans played some beautiful football.

Cahill's sending off was a poor decision though, definitely worth a Yellow but not a Red, could've been a different game if Australia kept 11 men.

Nah, he wasn't going for the ball and even though he held back slightly he still could've broken that guys' shins in half. Also, I think it was already 2-0 by that time? Australia couldn't put up anything against the blitz of the Germans.

the old German efficiency coupled with some beautiful playing - Chity must be happy since he is 'german':heh:

congrats to Cello as well :) but Japan won - not bad after all - these will probably be the two teams to go on

HAHAHAHA:D Though i am a german citizen, it's ok for me :) Germans are too serious in every way where i am opposite:D So far only 3 games were really good, the rest were so boring:D I am looking forward for next years Cricket World Cup :D

HAHAHAHA:D Though i am a german citizen, it's ok for me :) Germans are too serious in every way where i am opposite:D So far only 3 games were really good, the rest were so boring:D I am looking forward for next years Cricket World Cup :D

so join us Chity! we are never really serious about things - we can always have a laugh at ourselves...

otherwise, how would you suffer the english team?? I wonder what's going to be tomorrow :eek:

I like seeing Spain, Italy, France and Germany all unexpectedly lose because I'm a vindictive Englishman :devil: Makes things interesting. Good luck to Germany tomorrow though because I might be working there soon!

Bets for England/USA tomorrow? I think we're on for 3 - 1 and the Yanks, 1 - 0.

Great to see old man Blanco come on and score from the penalty spot for mexico last night....Christ, that guy is almost as old as me! hahaha!

With my irish roots I was seriously cheering on mexico last night, and "handy" henry didn't even get on the pitch! It was an excellent show; at 37 years old I was worried he was going to break a hip, but he was chasing that ball like a crazed puppy! France were played off the pitch, and after the 2nd goal were totally wrecked. I can see England doing the exact same when goinong 0-1 down to an underdog. :devil:

Wouldn't compare Mexico with an underdog like Algeria, Tonberry. They seriously underperformed in their first match against Slovenia, and I wondered what on earth they were doing on a big tournament like this.

Very nice of Serbia with the upset over Germany, btw :D Red card for Klose, a goal by Serbia not a minute later and then the goalie from Serbia stopping a penalty :D Very nice indeed :D

The last few days of the tournament have been full of great matches, long may it continue! A first upset with Switzerland beating Spain, Argentina vs South Korea was a brilliant game and lots more goals are being scored in general.

Great to see Mexico beat France last night and I always felt they would. I've said from the beginning France ain't getting through the group stage, I'm only surprised by the sheer high level of terrible-ness they have shown! Despite South Africa's lack of quality, I think they will beat them in their last game.

Another shock with Serbia beating Germany, and it's looking pretty good for Slovenia right now!

England to beat Algeria 3-0 for tonight.

the Brits winning 2-0 as well

Oof, if I said that up here in Scotland...!

Magnificent to see Serbia genuinely out-play Germany. Both sides had every chance to extend the score, Germany hitting the wood work must have been frustrating for the fans. Perhaps more so the red card for Klose, he deserved the second yellow but not the first (it wasn't even a foul). If England play their cards right we could end up facing Germany in the next round.

The 2 - 2 USA v Slovenia match was painful to watch. Slovenia had them under their thumb until the 2nd half. Sloppy defending and some good finishes let the US draw when Slovenia should be walking away with 3 points. Good thing the ref denied that 3rd goal!

Anyway, England match is not far away :D I'm hoping that England will pull their fingers out and actually play some good football and that Rooney will get his first goal.

Good thing the ref denied that 3rd goal!

Anyway, England match is not far away :D I'm hoping that England will pull their fingers out and actually play some good football and that Rooney will get his first goal.

That goal should've been approved. The guy that was offside was Bradley and not the guy that scored. And if he blew his whistle for a foul in the penalty box, he should've given a penalty. It looked more like a judo match in there than a football match, with Slovenia scoring several Ipons :p

Algeria is actually surprisingly good atm. They deserve at least a draw for what they've shown in the first half so far.

Well we've learned nothing from our last match it seems. That was a shockingly terrible display from England. We were afraid to keep hold of the ball and make any runs, there were 10 shortsighted mistakes for every 15 yard wishful daisy-cutter. The truth is, no matter 'how good they've been recently', in this group we have every chance to beat USA, Algeria and Slovenia and in the matches themselves we've had good possession and most shots on goal, but we've barely even threatened.

German football fans/people/children all are shocked cos. they lost to Serbia:D
All in all.. the referee was such an P...K for disturbing the game with unnecessary yellow cards for both teams and sending out Klose! Podolski missing the penalty was a disaster here:D I am really looking forward for some unexpected games on this tournament:D

Holland did what they had to do to win, barely. But we're through to the next round, pretty much, which is a good thing :) And the only team after Argentina to win the first two matches so far.

Now let's see if Australia learned from their episode against the Germans.