Worship Lyrics

motorpsycho

Jul 14, 2010
Norway
So, what do you think about the lyrics on the new album then?
I think they are all good quality, really. I particularly like In the End and the Giant.

Having said that, my only major bug is that one line in Fight em: "In the end of everything, the dead will rise and sing".

It just makes me picture "Zombie: The Musical".
A bunch of corpses walking around singing "yum,yum gimme some". :zombie:

So, what do you think about the lyrics on the new album then?
I think they are all good quality, really. I particularly like In the End and the Giant.

Having said that, my only major bug is that one line in Fight em: "In the end of everything, the dead will rise and sing".

It just makes me picture "Zombie: The Musical".
A bunch of corpses walking around singing "yum,yum gimme some". :zombie:

Funny you mention that. I was thinking it would have been cool if the lyrics were
"The dead will rise insane"

Funny you mention that. I was thinking it would have been cool if the lyrics were
"The dead will rise insane"

Yeah...the original line could possibly qualify for a re-write, and your suggestion is not bad at all.

How about:
"In the end when all goes pale, the dead will walk like snails..."

or

"At the end of joy and pain, the dead will eat your brain".

:lol:

the lyrics got kinda cheesier on the new album, compared to the previous 3 records.

Not sure if I agree with you on that one. I certainly feel that the new album has lyrics that fit with an overall "metal" feel (if that makes any sense at all), yet I think they were certainly heading in that direction on WCFYA as well.

Tunes like Safe Home and Cadillac Rock Box are not cheese-free in my ears. Bare in mind, I really like WCFYA.

The lyrics for WM reflect big themes and emotions, and in my opinion they've managed to pull it off without sounding like a pile of gorgonzola.

I guess my least favourite Anthrax lyrics are I Am the Law. Just the whole concept of doing a tribute to a comic book character, even naming the character in the lyrics, is rather daft in my opinion. "They call him Judge, his last name is Dredd"....I hate that line :)

The only song that gets close to this is Fight em, with its obvious tribute to the zombie genre. Yet, Fight em seems to be written by a more experienced writer than the old Dredd worship.

Yeah when I got to think about it... Strap It On is pretty cheesy as well, both lyrically and musically.

Still, when I read the lyrics to Fight 'Em, I'm Alive, Judas Priest, or even In The End (the cliche in the opening sentences is almost embarrassing, no matter howmany times we've been told what this song is about) I have the feeling of overwhelming cheesiness and cannot help it.