Worship Music album cover - "a piece of the puzzle"

I still like the thought of Earth on Hell as the title. But WM it is, which is fine with me too.

Fell asleep today after eating too many sausages for lunch - then I dreamed I met Charlie Benante and he let me listen to the new album in advance. Except the first song there were only ballads on it.

I'm pleased that they are sticking with the original album title, 'cause if they decided to change it, it would probably take them a year or two to agree on a new one.

Yeah, the title's been around for so long now, and everyone knows it, so they might as well stick with it.

Official release date in Sept.? CANT WAIT!!

Will the reunion bashers be checking out this album?

I'll absolutely be checking this out. But I'll certainly listen to it before I buy it. Regardless of who is singing, I love Charlie's drumming and the riffs they come up with. I'll always give it a chance but I know I've never been a fan of Joey's vocals so there's a chance it'll be so bad I will not want to listen to the album more than a few times...but there's always a chance I'll dig it too, who knows? It's been 20 years since Joey's done anything. I still hate the 2005 reunion...but 2011 Anthrax isn't that. That's done and over with and I know with certainty that they tried their hardest to get John Bush back into the fold - he just wasn't into it.

I'll absolutely be checking this out. But I'll certainly listen to it before I buy it. Regardless of who is singing, I love Charlie's drumming and the riffs they come up with. I'll always give it a chance but I know I've never been a fan of Joey's vocals so there's a chance it'll be so bad I will not want to listen to the album more than a few times...but there's always a chance I'll dig it too, who knows? It's been 20 years since Joey's done anything. I still hate the 2005 reunion...but 2011 Anthrax isn't that. That's done and over with and I know with certainty that they tried their hardest to get John Bush back into the fold - he just wasn't into it.

We also know with certainty that they recorded an album with a no name douche bag. How do you know they tried to get John back so bad other than doing a few committed dates with them after they fired mr. No name??

I already know I'll like this album. Joey sounds great. Except on that Sinatra cover he did. Sounds like pure shit to me.

I had to pop out of the wood work and put in my 2 cents.

I like the cover, I like the sound. I am excited to hear about a September release date. :)

We also know with certainty that they recorded an album with a no name douche bag. How do you know they tried to get John back so bad other than doing a few committed dates with them after they fired mr. No name??

I already know I'll like this album. Joey sounds great. Except on that Sinatra cover he did. Sounds like pure shit to me.

Because they were kissing John's ass over and over again in the press (and on That Metal Show (we need a lion, not a bird)), and saying they hoped the lineup stayed that way (with John). They kept saying it over and over again in the press, even though John himself wasn't totally into it. They kept saying they were trying to get John to re-record the vocals on Worship Music. John himself said in interview that he wasn't comfortable just redoing someone else's material, since he wasn't there when it was written...and said they discussed at least doing an EP. It was said over and over again by Scott and Charlie that they wanted John to stick around. I guess they thought the more they said it, the more it would come true. Unfortunatly John's heart wasn't into coming back full time...so they moved onto the last resort...they got Joey just before the first Big 4 dates...even though John was actually committed to doing those shows...it wasn't looking like he wanted to be there fulltime, so Joey was the only option if they wanted to remain a cohesive band and move forward and actually do full scale touring.

So the record comes out mid September - fantastic.

Disappointing though that The Damned Things are touring here in Australia 2 weeks later! I mean, it'll be cool to see them and all, but you'd think that after 8 years, all Scott and Rob would want to do is promote the record on tour with Anthrax. Hopefully that will be all with TDT for a while now.

Because they were kissing John's ass over and over again in the press (and on That Metal Show (we need a lion, not a bird)), and saying they hoped the lineup stayed that way (with John). They kept saying it over and over again in the press, even though John himself wasn't totally into it. They kept saying they were trying to get John to re-record the vocals on Worship Music. John himself said in interview that he wasn't comfortable just redoing someone else's material, since he wasn't there when it was written...and said they discussed at least doing an EP. It was said over and over again by Scott and Charlie that they wanted John to stick around. I guess they thought the more they said it, the more it would come true. Unfortunatly John's heart wasn't into coming back full time...so they moved onto the last resort...they got Joey just before the first Big 4 dates...even though John was actually committed to doing those shows...it wasn't looking like he wanted to be there fulltime, so Joey was the only option if they wanted to remain a cohesive band and move forward and actually do full scale touring.

Don't really agree with this, I think they wanted Joey to promote the Big Four thing and John didn't really want to leave the band, but was actually asked to do so. But it doesn't matter now. I'll check this album out for sure but I won't be buying it firsthand, I'm not expecting much from the vocals to be honest.

When asked if he would be re-recording some of Dan Nelson’s vocals he stated "That is what they want to do, and it’s been a conflict for me, to be quite frank, simply because I kind of felt like I wasn’t part of the creation of it. On all the other Anthrax records, I was part of it when it happened. I just wasn’t involved in this, and it’s something that they’ve already actually completed. I haven’t disregarded it completely, and I know it’s important to them. I realize they made this record and they’re kind of sitting on it. They want to put some of it out, if not everything… at least a single, and we’ve talked about [releasing] an EP. We’re still trying to figure out if we can do that, especially in conjunction with these shows in June. We’ve just got to kind of iron out some specifics. That’s where we’re at today, March 15, 2010."

Ultimately, Bush decided that he did not want to recommit to Anthrax full time again and left the group. As a result, the band has reunited with Joey Belladonna once again.

Don't really agree with this, I think they wanted Joey to promote the Big Four thing and John didn't really want to leave the band, but was actually asked to do so. But it doesn't matter now. I'll check this album out for sure but I won't be buying it firsthand, I'm not expecting much from the vocals to be honest.

He was just helping them out by filling in. He had no plans to rejoin...because rejoining means doing fullscale touring in clubs, which he doesn't want to do. He didn't mind doing short one-off tours and festival dates, but he said he did enough club touring in his lifetime, he'd prefer to stay home with his kids.

That's what was said and written about it, but I still have doubts.

I have no doubt whatsoever. He said over and over again, before he 'rejoined' and DURING that time period that he didn't want to do any fullscale touring and had apprehensions about moving forward. The band, on the other hand, tried to paint a different picture.

Yes, John wanted to do the Big 4 shows...the band wanted nothing better than to continue with John - but other than the Big 4 shows, no progress was being made convincing him to rejoin full time and actually record some tracks. Even from the standpoint of someone who's not a Joey fan, I understand why they chose that time to talk to Belladonna and work something out...it was the only way to move forward and actually appear to be a cohesive band again. It would have been a horrible idea to find yet ANOTHER new singer (and who knows that it wouldn't end up the same way the Dan Nelson situation did)...Joey was literally the only option to keep the band together.

I strongly believe that if John Bush wanted the job, he'd still have it. But he didn't.

Besides, it's not as if Mr. Belladonna was a bad singer at all. Not putting down any of you who like Bush better. Just saying that Belladonna has a very individual style that sets him apart from the rest of the Thrash bands of their era. All things considered, much better than the old Hetfield, Mustaine, and Araya combined (just my opinion, for who's to say what's better?) I love Petrozza's vocals as well, so don't think I like Belladonna just because he is a more melodic singer. I just enjoy the vibe of the songs when he's the one singing. I am sure Belladonna is putting his heart out on this recording, and that we will hear him at his best, despite his age. At least, I very much hope so!