Worst gig

Tool - 09/26/06 at the Tweeter Center in Mansfield, MA.

Band looked bored, crowd was obnoxious, set list was disappointing. It was really just a confirmation that Tool didn't mean to me what they did when I was fourteen (when Lateralus came out). Eh. Still hoping they get one more album in that is stronger than 10,000 Days.

i saw in flames twice and it was fairly horrible both times, this includes supporting bands obviously

lol i saw dio when i was in high school, along with motorhead supporting iron maiden. it ruled iirc

Tool - 09/26/06 at the Tweeter Center in Mansfield, MA.

Band looked bored, crowd was obnoxious, set list was disappointing. It was really just a confirmation that Tool didn't mean to me what they did when I was fourteen (when Lateralus came out). Eh. Still hoping they get one more album in that is stronger than 10,000 Days.

Twas the first gig that comes to mind for me also. I had such high hopes for Tool. I'd been wanting to see them live for years. It was just not good.
I did see Perfect Circle back in 02 or 03 ?? They were much better.

Family Values 99. A bunch of my friends were Limp Bizkit/Korn fans but I was there to see Filter and Primus. The show was horrible, Filter only got about 30 minutes of stage time and the crowd seemed bored by their set. The only thing that kept me entertained was seeing the Limp Bizkit fans being tackled by security while trying to get into GA from reserved seating. Worst show ever.

Worst show ever. 1999 in San Jose Pavilion Eric Clapton. What a dick. I went to see him play his classics, or hoping to hear
at least one. What did we get? An entire set of his new album that was adult contemporary. Everyone was pissed.
I guess it wasn't horrible, but a major disappointment since I paid so much for those fucking tickets. Fuck that guy,
mother motherfucker.

Worst show ever. 1999 in San Jose Pavilion Eric Clapton. What a dick. I went to see him play his classics, or hoping to hear
at least one. What did we get? An entire set of his new album that was adult contemporary. Everyone was pissed.
I guess it wasn't horrible, but a major disappointment since I paid so much for those fucking tickets. Fuck that guy,
mother motherfucker.

I'm sure he would look forward to every new gig if he had to actively ignore all of his current music interests to play the same 30-40 year old material that he must be far beyond bored with by now.

I've been to some AWFUL gigs. Em, maybe my friends black metal band Vuotan with a shit punk band and some other shit emo band...

High on Fire. (Opening Opeth), the rest was awesome (cuz it was Opeth). I believe there have been worst, but this is the first that comes to my mind and that you people should know about (not local bands..).

I played a show at some girl's party and we got shut out in the middle of our second track so they could do some retarded Halloween "haunted house" thing. Stupid bitch. Apparently she forgot she asked us to play there! I still try to forget that day ever happened but this thread made me think of it again.

Maybe not a real "gig" but it still fits the thread's theme.

As for shows I've seen, well my band used to play with shitty hardcore bands and they usually played before us. (I don't think I need to go into detail on that one.)

Trans Am opening for Tool was AWFUL. I can't believe that King Crimson, Meshuggah, and Isis have all played with Tool but yet I was stuck with fucking Trans Am!

I played a show at some girl's party and we got shut out in the middle of our second track so they could do some retarded Halloween "haunted house" thing. Stupid bitch. Apparently she forgot she asked us to play there! I still try to forget that day ever happened but this thread made me think of it again.

Maybe not a real "gig" but it still fits the thread's theme.

As for shows I've seen, well my band used to play with shitty hardcore bands and they usually played before us. (I don't think I need to go into detail on that one.)

:lol: She 'forgot' she had asked you to play, i dont think it gets anymore insulting than that? As for the Hunted house game, what age was this shitstick, 8?

Last year show in a local thing rock thing. I sucked, really, really sucked.

Apart from that, propably the Dream Theater gig last year. It wasn't exactly bad, but boring and didn't leave me very satisfied. Stupid keyboard wankery solo and a meddle with 10 songs tucked together in the same piece... Ugh