Worst guitar solos

You don't really know much about solos and their purpose in songs. None of you fucking people do.

Just listen to Cirith Ungol and shut the fuck up, that should tell you everything you need to know about solos in Metal. Also if it's not obvious enough you should be taking what I say with about a barrel of salt.

Wtf has everyone got against solos. I remember the greys once posting that he didn't like solos because glam bands used them and susperia has always made comments about solos not being good or of any purpose.

Then there is people stating some solos are shit because they are being played in the same scale and so forth, or it has no structure according too musical theory bullshit.

I'm not the kind of "mocking" ass wanker that looks forward to solos so i can air guitar the vibratos and harmonics, i find that in most cases they add to the song, especially when they emphasise on a theme the song has going for e.g incarnate solvent abuse and how could i's awesome outro solo. Thats not to say i believe every song needs a solo, but it is not too often i hear a solo that makes me think "omfg the whole song has been ruined"

Hmm.. well I got nothing against solos in general.. but sometimes they are pretty crap.. examples.. well Yngwie Malmsteen.. ok he actually a good guitarist, but if you heard one of his solos, you heard them all.. same for Kerry King in most cases.. Also really crappy solo by Aria on a song "Rabstvo Illuzij".. yeah thats my top 3 right now :)

I use to like solos more when in the past. A lot of lead guitarists sound exactly the same not really forming their own style.

Bands with solos I like

Opeth
Solitude Aeturnus
Candlemass
Mercyful Fate
King Diamond
In Flames(old)
Paradise Lost
Necrophobic
Tiamat(the astral sleep)

I can't really think of a lot of bands in metal with good solos.

Wtf has everyone got against solos. I remember the greys once posting that he didn't like solos because glam bands used them and susperia has always made comments about solos not being good or of any purpose.

I never EVER EVER EVER said solos were of no purpose. Do not put words into my mouth.

I just hate when they suck. And they suck a lot. I love a good solo, okay?

I rather like Michael Amott's soloing in Carcass, namely Heartwork, and he does a pretty decent job in Arch Enemy as well. Amon Amarth's new album's got some sweet solos also.

On the whole, I prefer riffs to solos.

I'm pretty sure bill steer solos on necro and heartwork. It's not just michael, people seem to kiss his ass.

I never EVER EVER EVER said solos were of no purpose. Do not put words into my mouth.

I just hate when they suck. And they suck a lot. I love a good solo, okay?

I am sorry for that, but as you state things like this "And they suck a lot" i gathered you don't like or see any use for solos.

Anyway, there is no use mentioning yngwie since he is a big solo, i'm talking about the addition of solos in songs you think are good in the first place. But i do like the demon driver solo.

I think the word 'overrated' is overrated. I never understood how you could dislike something based solely on others opinions - unless you're a teenager in high school, in which case you're excused for being legally insane.

And Helmet's got the worst solos ever.