Worst 'metal' hits of the late '90s & early '00s

I'm talking about nu-metal specifically, it seems slightly odd that from its inception to its demise almost 100% of the bands were american; you'd think there would be some copycats coming from around the world given how popular it was but I can't really think of any.

This isn't some attack on America or anything like that so any Americans going "HURRR YURRRR COUNTRY SUUUUUUUUUUCKSSS" can pipe down.

Actually, nu-metal was all over Europe, Asia, and Latin America, it's just that those bands never reached the popularity that American bands did. Anyway, I'm not one for shitting on genres as a whole, every genre of metal has at least one good band.

Actually, nu-metal was all over Europe, Asia, and Latin America, it's just that those bands never reached the popularity that American bands did. Anyway, I'm not one for shitting on genres as a whole, every genre of metal has at least one good band.

I enjoyed (who am I kidding - I still do) Deftones.

The biggest problem with the Deftones is the crap bands they tour with. But their music is pretty good. They get lumped in with nu metal, but I consider them more alternative metal because it makes me feel better about liking them :cool:

I don't know about them being the best there is, but the Deftones are probably to nu metal what The Beatles are the British Invasion. They have a solid and eclectic discography that scarcely contains a bad song.

I've realized that I just dont like a single song I've heard by the band. Bored to death.

There's the low point right there.
Yeah that shit is pretty amazing :lol: I love how absurdly macho yet embarrassingly corny Limp Bizkit is at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J9ayHYClw8
My name is KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hop chop da boogie ect.

Fucking /thread.
YES! You fucking win sir, I totally forgot that song. As stupid as that "ball wit the ball" chorus line or whatever is, I realize the music actually rocks pretty good.

Not that I would ever go out of my way to listen to Kid Rock. Especially after having a coworker who played his album Rock and Roll Jesus every day for like a month at work. Jesus christ that was awful. Especially the hideous "Sweet Home Alabama" cover/remix/bastardization.

Bawitdabadabangdadangdiggydiggydiggysaidtheboogiesaidupjumptheboogie

I hate that I remember that. I could remember Japanese kanji or German grammar but noooo, I remember a shitty fake redneck's shitty lyrics.

You forgot this:

This

and this:

Might as well mention this too. And I admit that for some strange reason I thought the lead singer was good looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Type O Negative is fuckin awesome, even that song. I fail to see how the band is mainstream.

Having a clip appear often on MTV on a daily basis makes a band quite mainstream, by my books. You may like them, lots of people do, but to me it was a pest... and, come on!, it's not that hard to figure out why somebody would think it sucks >: ) :lol:

I tried to get into TON so many times as I love Carnivore and I've seen them like two years before Steele died etc., TON just doesn't do it for me thb. Maybe when I grow up some day.

Since no one is talking about metal...if there's one song from this time period that I never want to hear again, it's that Green Day song "Time of Your Life" or whatever it's called.