Worst 'metal' hits of the late '90s & early '00s

Godsmack = homoerotic bro-rock for bros who are closet homos but openly homophobic

I can't tell if you're insulting the band for the sake of insulting the band or you're insulting the band as an off-hand way of insulting my choosing to post them.

In the former case, I would agree. Godsmack is... well, the utter fail defies adequate description, really.

In the latter case, I don't recall the OP saying we had to like what we posted. IIRC, the only prerequisite was the date of release and the fact that it was splattered all over the radio and spoon-fed to the masses. I believe Godsmack fits the criteria, no?

I like Godsmack. Helmet's rhythms (admittedly simplified) + Hetfield-worshiping vocals + some Alice in Chains vocal harmonies = cool by me. Like Disturbed, I don't care if they're derivative. They're solid groovy metal stuffs.

I can't tell if you're insulting the band for the sake of insulting the band or you're insulting the band as an off-hand way of insulting my choosing to post them.

In the former case, I would agree. Godsmack is... well, the utter fail defies adequate description, really.

In the latter case, I don't recall the OP saying we had to like what we posted. IIRC, the only prerequisite was the date of release and the fact that it was splattered all over the radio and spoon-fed to the masses. I believe Godsmack fits the criteria, no?

Wow, calm down. I was making fun of Godsmack, not you. However, If you really are that sensitive, then I will mercilessly pick on you.

I like Godsmack. Helmet's rhythms (admittedly simplified) + Hetfield-worshiping vocals + some Alice in Chains vocal harmonies = cool by me. Like Disturbed, I don't care if they're derivative. They're solid groovy metal stuffs.

You're giving them WAY too much credit. That's like saying Nickleback sounds like a mix of Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, and the awesome noises Japanese girls make when they have orgasms.

You're giving them WAY too much credit. That's like saying Nickleback sounds like a mix of Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, and the awesome noises Japanese girls make when they have orgasms.

Nickleback sounds nothing like any of them, but if they did, I wouldn't be incorrect to say so just because they suck despite it.

Dude, you're fucking weird. I don't think I will ever figure out what the hell is going on with your musical taste.

Dude, you're fucking weird. I don't think I will ever figure out what the hell is going on with your musical taste.

Really, is my assessment of their sound that far off? I don't listen to them a whole lot so maybe more of their songs are nu metal-typical than I remember, but is their singer not a Hetfield clone? Do they not flagrantly ape Alice in Chains vocal harmonies at times? Is their general pacing and riff style not closer to Helmet/Prong than Korn/whatever? They're like Disturbed to me; I can understand how people would bash them as generic and uninspired and whatever, but they seem much more rooted in more conventional metal styles than their contemporaries.

I really dont have a problem with Godsmack either. Christ, HBB and I agree on GS and Disturbed.

Edit: also, any AiC worship from godsmack is beyond obvious.