Worst Metal....

bleed for me

Sep 9, 2001
Brooklyn, NY
Visit site
it's too easy to take the piss out of music styles that you don't like so how about pointing the worst of metal (nu-metal, rap metal and all that stuff doesn't count)

what is the worst:
-vocalist
-guitarist
-bassist
-drummer
-other

I bet the worst metal band is Myring from Finland. Especially their demo was something very funny. Even worse would be The Fallen Empire with their Iron Maiden: Aces High -cover, but I don't think they count since they haven't made any albums or so on...

Worst vocalist - Attila (as mentioned in a previous thread.)
Worst bassist - Dunno
Worst drummer - Bathory's on their early albums. The epitome of terrible drumming. Lars Ulrich.
Worst guitarist - My little brothers friend Victor :) His guitar playing for my little brothers "metal band" is the worst. EVER.

Worst Vocalist - Charlie Dominici (Dream Thater's first singer...)
Sean Killian (formerly of Vio-Lence...)

Worst Bassist - kinda hard to say, there are so many crap bassists that only play root notes... well shit, not EVERYONE can be like Steve Harris and Steve DiGorgio

Worst Drummer - There is a black metal band from L.A. named Intralus who's drummer is absolutley horrible.. when he does a fill, he does it so sloppy he comes in on the offbeat and instead of bass-snare during the hyperblast it becomes snare-bass... and by the time the song is done the tempo has gone up by 231%.

Worst Guitarist - Steve Dougherty, hand down. This guy used to be in a British copy of Van Halen... after listening to this dude bend out of tune and exhaust all possible configurations of the pentatonic scale, Kirk Hammet isn't so bad to listen to...

Worst Vocalist - Charlie Dominici (Dream Thater's first singer...)

I actually prefer him to the homo they've got now. The "new" guy (not exactly new, I know, but his name escapes me..) loses it on the high notes so bad you can't even hear what words he's singing. It just sounds like mush. Actually, he gets my vote for worst singer, because he gets right on my tits.

Worst Bass Player - I believe bass players should be seen and not heard, so any dude who thinks he's so important that he has to play "lead" bass throughout a song with no concern for the dynamics and fattness of the overall sound.

Worst Drummer - Probably M-Bro, the early drummer from Razor. Dave Carlo is the king of the thrash metal riff, but the songs were generally ruined by M-Bro's "cheating" style.

Worst Guitarist - Anyone who thinks that soulless, pointless fret-wankery is the way to go. I'd take one Angus Young over 100 Yngwie's or the dude from Children Of Bodom's.

Lee B