"worst" songs by metal bands

Kreated

metal nationalist
Jan 18, 2011
United of states
I don't know if this has been done before, but what do you think are the worst songs by some popular metal bands? "Worst" is partially just opinion, but, I mean songs that in particular are poor representatives of those bands or of metal. For example, I will start by suggesting Sweet Amber to be the worst Metallica song.

Sepultura - Dead Embryonic Cells
Sodom - Agent Orange

Both songs will mislead people into thinking that all thrash outside the firstiest of first tier is generic Bay Area worship. The worst songs from their respective bands. Those were my introductions to each and it took years to realize they actually once had sounds of their own as well.

Dead Embryonic Cells is a great fuckin tune, better than anything they did after the Arise album by a mile.

Ronnie by Metallica is pretty awful.
A Tout Le Monde by Megadeth is shit.
Mistress For Christmas by AC/DC was horrible.
Radikult by Morbid Angel? :lol:

It's an excellent song, by industrial/alternative metal standards. I'd pick it over Marilyn Manson - Use your fist and not your mouth, Disturbed - Dropping Plates, or Limp Bizkit's new album.

As a fan of disturbed's new album I just listened to Radikult to see what everyone was talking about, it was terrible

May not be metal but Katatonia's "Ghost of the Sun" is one of the worst things I've ever heard.

Interesting that you single out that track, the whole album sounds like the same uninspired riff being played over and over to me. Territory off Chaos A.D. is worse than anything on Arise though imo.

I'd rather listen to Agent Orange over Ausgebombt any day.

I guess it's the Shortest Straw riff with a descending South of Heaven-esque riff overlaid widely heralded as the greatest thrash break evar which makes me single it out. There certainly is not a good song on the entire album, though.

Ausgebombt doesn't bother me as much because it's so overt in its worship, and it's half the length.

lol, either you guys are fully retarded or just have shit for ears ... but im leaning more towards the former of the two.

OH OK HUR HUR. Would you care to actually add anything of worth? Please enlighten us as to how Arise is anything more than a bunch of bland, chuggy midpaced E-F and E-B♭ secondhand thrash riffs.

Hm. Tough question. Kinda depends on what our criteria is. Worst "for that band"? Or just worst overall? Like, are we talking a great band that makes an awful song, or the worst song made by an already awful band?

I'll nominate Burzum's "Daudi Baldrs" that he made while in prison. It's awful. And when that Casio keyboard saxophone kicks in, it's just AMAZINGLY bad.

I love it for the cheese and novelty as much as the next guy, but Europe's "The Final Countdown" is just embarrassingly bad. I'd also have to throw Slipknot's "Wait And Bleed" and Cradle Of Filth's "Temptation" out there. Absolute shit, despite the fact I like songs by both bands.