Worst Cover(s)?

Even though it's not metal, one of my favorite covers is Frank Zappa's live cover of "Stairway To Heaven." It's much better than the original. There's two professional singers, one for the lower part, one for the high part. They speed up the song after the solo, which adds so much to the song. It's Frank Zappa, so....And they do the solo with a group of woodwinds/brass players. Need I say more?

And I'm not thinking well because it's late at night, so I can't add anything more to the discussion right now.

"Worst cover I heard was Children of Bodom covering Sepultura's Mass Hyponosis."

I disagree, i thought that was pretty good.

And the two CoF covers are fuckin rad!

Pyrus said:
Ahhh. Then why the fuck is the topic Worst Covers, AJ?
I was definitely wanting to here peoples opinions about both, but when I wrote this thread I had just heard the worst cover I have ever heard. So I named the thread where my head was at. But, I really want to know the worst. Bad cover songs interest me.:tickled:

Im not much of a fan of any covers. They usually get butchered pretty badly. And if they dont, you just know its not original. I love the original songs from the original artists.

The worst covers are usually the traditional metal covers done by the pop artists. Its obvious, you cant make metal pop.

So, fuck covers. successful bands dont need to play covers, covers are pretty much how new bands get gigs. Then you create your own stuff.

There are some covers that transcend the originals in terms of sound and style, though. For instance, Nevermore covered Simon and Garfunkel's amazing "The Sound of Silence" and turned it into a basic masterpiece and a great example of how a cover song should be done.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
There are some covers that transcend the originals in terms of sound and style, though. For instance, Nevermore covered Simon and Garfunkel's amazing "The Sound of Silence" and turned it into a basic masterpiece and a great example of how a cover song should be done.

lol, i thought that was a nevermore original. You are right, that song is pretty amazing.

"And we're fourteen posts in and nobody's mentioned the abortion that was Crade of Filth's cover of "Hallowed Be Thy Name"? For shame, you guys are supposed to be tr00." - Pyrus

No, that was the first thing that came to mind when I read the thread title, before I even had time to click on it.