Worst Cover(s)?

AjDeath

Of One Man's Sanity
Mar 22, 2002
Fuckston, ME
Visit site
I have heard some crappy covers over the years. Bands tend to either follow the song too closely or take it and rape it. A good cover in my opinion is something in between. A good example of a good cover is Crowbar covering "No Quater" by Led Zeppelin. They added something of their style to the song without taking away from the song itself.

The worst cover I have ever heard is Ministry's take on Supernaut. To me this is a rape of the song. I know that Ministry is indrostree, but they really butchered the fucking thing. What are some of the best and worst yous people have heard over the years?

Cryptkeeper said:
You haven't heard comedy until you've heard Six Feet Under's Graveyard Classics.
I shelled $13 for that piece of shit. Then I bought their new record right after that, haven't purchased an album by them since. My fav from Graveyard classics is Purple Haze. I was drunk when I listened to it and was laughing so hard I puked. Greatest comedy album ever.

Oh Six Feet Under aren't just bad at doing covers they're just bad at doing their own songs.

Worst cover I heard was Children of Bodom covering Sepultura's Mass Hyponosis.

Worst of the SFU covers was "Smoke on the Water." I was surprised at how non-shitty their version of Exodus's "Piranha" was...I guess when a song is THAT good it's hard to biff.

A couple covers that could have been so much better are Children of Bodom doing WASP's "Hellion" and WASP, in turn, covering "Paint It Black." The latter was really poorly arranged, and the former was just sloppy.

And we're fourteen posts in and nobody's mentioned the abortion that was Crade of Filth's cover of "Hallowed Be Thy Name"? For shame, you guys are supposed to be tr00.

Pyrus said:
And we're fourteen posts in and nobody's mentioned the abortion that was Crade of Filth's cover of "Hallowed Be Thy Name"? For shame, you guys are supposed to be tr00.

Well maybe we all forgot about it because it's so bad we had to dissect the memory of that particular cover out of our brains individually.

V.V.V.V. said:
Well maybe we all forgot about it because it's so bad we had to dissect the memory of that particular cover out of our brains individually.

Hah, yeah, I had to listen to Number of the Beast about sixteen times to get that particular gob of syphillitic buffalo pus out of my head.

OH FUCKING DUH! Sonata Arctica doing Metallica's "Fade To Black." So gay my anus sealed itself shut as a preventative measure.

Marksveld said:
I'm not a huge fan of Arch Enemy's take on Aces High... the vocals just slaughter it.
Definately the worst cover i've heard. Made all the more atrocious because it is my favourite Iron Maiden song. Utterly butchered.