Worst band names

Terrifyer

Born to Murder the World
May 23, 2002
Mexico
Visit site
Wich is the worst band name you have heard?

Here in Mexico there is a brutal gore death metal band called:

Paracoocidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis

lol what the fuck is that?

:rolleyes:

haha that is a crazy name....is this thread just for bad METAL band names or music in general cuz i think hoobastank is the most annoying, stupid, i wanna kill it name to ever be named:lol:

what's wrong with hoobastank? :confused: ...funky name!

a bad band name is you'll recognize us from the trail of dead (i think that's the complete name :) ). i just get lost in the middle somewhere and... bah! trail of dead who?

I'd have to say Lääz Rockit is probably the worst I've heard.

Haven't heard them -- apparently they were an LA glam band or something -- but the name appeared several times in the great boardgame "Metal Mental Meltdown."

Oh, and it's "And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead." :)

I think my vote will go to: DREAD ZEPPELIN!!!!!
I know it might be a parody and shit, but naming your band after another band it's pretty stupid IMO. I could maybe understand it if they wrote it on their posters and shit like a slogan or something. Type O Negative do that with The Beatles: They write "The drab four" instead of "The fab four", "All you need is blood" instead of "All you need is love" and so on, but they don't call themselves "The meatless" or some shit.
All the bands with cock, shit, ass, Satan (or other names for Satan), cum, cock, balls and so on in their names also has terrible names. Cock & Ball torture is a stupid name. Corpse vomit is also a terrible name! Most brutal death stuff with names like that sounds stupid!

I find very dump the ARMORED SAINT as a band name.
Btw I remember that when I heard the name: BURZUM for the first time I laughted very much!! heheh Now I think it's a cool band name.

Custard.

Actual metal band name... We're really starting to run out of band names... Winds... Alas... I think I heard once of a band simply called "Thy"...

Ziller - Laaz Rockit were definitely not a great band, but they had a couple of decent songs in the mid to late 80's that seemed to be in the same style as Metallica. You should check out their best song (IMO) "Fire In The Hole". It was a killer head banger in the day!

I'd have to say Severe Torture, it's very.. umm.. corny.

But then there's another band I find very funny, but it's still a horrible name. Satan's Almighty Penis... hell, their album is called "Torn By The Shaft of Satan".

EDIT: I also forgot Impaled Northern Moon Forest.. it's also a parady band, but who cares? That name sucks.

Weakling, Pansy Division, Zimmer's Hole, Anal Blast, Watchmaker, Bowling For Soup, Mad Capsule Markets, Stone Temple Pilots, Pop Will Eat Itself, The The, and of course the perennial favourite, DJ...(DJ BMX, DJ Eskimo, DJ Regulator, DJ Brian, DJ Hamworthy-Smythe-Wutherington etc.)

I also think unoriginal names as such sucks. It's hard to say if calling yourself the Beatles or The Rolling Stones is original. Or for that sake naming yourself after a bloodtype (Type O Negative), A name from a book (Opeth), naming you after that Icelandic volcano (Dimmu Borgir - see elsewhere), calling yourself Darkthrone and so on. But I think it's at least more original than calling you for instance Judge Dredd! The most unoriginal thing though is calling you something that someone else already is called or something close to. Emperor (the black metal band) may not have know that there was a rock band in the 70's called Emperor, but if you start a band now you at least have the change to check it out on the internet. You can't tell me that the hip hop band called Status Quo didn't know there was a rock band called that! But okay, 99% of hip hop is rip-off of other peoples work, so why not rip their names too?
By the way, one of the worst bands in the world, a drum n' bass band have the same name as a 70's rock band: Bad Company. But hey - drum n' bass is rip-off too!

Hey, what about the Danish guy: Dj Aligator!! Another bad dj name. He's the one with "The whistle song" ("Blow my whistle, bitch"), "Lollipop" ("I wanna suck on your lollipop") and "Stomp" (the rip-off of "Colonel Bogey") if you happen to know them. Now you don't even have to be a dj anymore. Just make some disco music, put dj in your name and you have a hit!