Kill your mama....

LuminousAether said:
JonnyD, I don't like you either. Unlike you, though, I have a reason. You have the level of intellect of a freshman dropout working at an automotive factory and listening to hair metal while living in his mother's basement. Hit a little close to home?

Hmmm...are you sure you're not describing yourself? Last time I checked, that wasn't Jonny D. Especially the freshman dropout intellect remark. *Sigh*....LuminousAether...yet another bored and jaded individual...all boards have 'em.

Reactions: JonnyD
LuminousAether said:
Defensive comments abound! Looks like I DID hit close to home! Another home run for the Aether!
Wow. This is equivalent of giving yourself a "high five."
Way to feed your ego. You're a legend in your own mind.
I don't think you "Hit" anything out of any park.
More like crushed your own "sack" with the baseball bat....:loco:

Wicked Child said:
Hmmm...are you sure you're not describing yourself? Last time I checked, that wasn't Jonny D. Especially the freshman dropout intellect remark. *Sigh*....LuminousAether...yet another bored and jaded individual...all boards have 'em.

LOL thank you Nick you are so right ya see Mr. Aether unlike you I have freinds around here that would Rather not see a buddy Flamed by a Venom Spewing little Troll they stick up for me as I would stick up for them anyway Thank you so much Mr. Aether Thank you for helping us Bump up our Post count thats such a nice thing to do 500 here I come!!!!!

Ol' Dirty Bastard said:
I always thought it was "Kill your mother, kill your cat".

Anyway, I've heard this shit for years. Like in high school I overheard someone talking to one of her friends about how metal bands are all about killing animals, satanic sacrifices, ect..., and it kind of bothered me. So I took it upon myself to explain to her that her logic was flawed, pointed out the artistic merit of certain bands lyrics and the ideologies behind so-called "extreme" lyrics, and pointed out that I, myself am a vegetarian and wouldn't support a scene if it promoted such things as "killing kittens". We became good friends after that.

Maybe "metalheads" just need to explain these things to those that don't understand rather than insult them or ignore them the way that I usually see. Not everyone is a complete moron, they're just misinformed. Of course when you have idiots like the guy from Norway carrying a head around at parties, or this shit I remember a good 10-12 years ago on the news about some guy killing his own dog (cut it's tongue out and it bled to death) in some lame sacrifice because he thought it would impress satan and David Vincent, coming along and ruining things, it sets us back a bit.

On a side note, there was a funny bit where they interviewed David Vincent and asked him if he believed in satan, to which he replied "I am satan." (obvious sarcasm). Haha. The interviewer just sat there like an idiot.

You make some Very good points Ol' Dirty Thank you for the well thought out and Intelligent response, I have found at least around here that there is no point in even trying to explain to these ppl about what metal is truely about Sadly none of them really seem to care and are content in their belife that metal is bad ECT. the funny thing is a few years ago I was working in a kitchen and my boss lady would always be Playing country ya know the Crying in my beer shit and I myself had just Quit Drinking after a 5 years of being drunk constantly and the last thing I needed to hear at the time was some poor bastard Boo Hooing and drinking But because it was country it was acceptable where I couldnt even get away with Listening to the 'Stones because she said "Its to heavy" THE ROLLING STONES TO HEAVY give my a fukin break

SoulVomitor said:
I now remember why I don't come here as often: trolling morons.

Listen to sixxswine and "put a sock in it"

I've never heard of this cliche regarding pups & moms.

one bad apple can spoil the bunch?

It must be that its pretty much a New England thing I guess, I have heard it ever since I started listening to metal

sixxswine said:
Wow. This is equivalent of giving yourself a "high five."
Way to feed your ego. You're a legend in your own mind.
I don't think you "Hit" anything out of any park.
More like crushed your own "sack" with the baseball bat....:loco:

:D LOL leave it to Sixx hahahahahaha Crushed your own sack :loco:

Also, what people don't understand is that in some cultures, it's perfectly normal to live with your parents until you're about 30, and actually ABNORMAL to move out before. This is the case in Italy. I'm American, so of course I live by myself, but all my Italian friends still live with their parents. The mindset is that you only move out when you start a new family, and no one's ready to settle down and get married as far as I know, so they stay with their parents. In fact, I wish America was more like that because it keeps people close with their families, and they don't go out and waste all their money, drop out of college, lose their job, and fuck up the rest of their lives. They put family first, and I think that's why there is much, much, much less crime here than in the U.S. I can walk anywhere in Italy, and not have to worry about being attacked or killed. If I were in L.A., New York, or D.C., this isn't the case in some areas of those cities.

But I still love living by myself, but that's only because I can afford to.

Another thing, Italians graduate high school when they're about 15, then start college immediately after. Most of them have their Master's Degree by the time they are 21. Just something to think about.

thrashmetal78 said:
Also, what people don't understand is that in some cultures, it's perfectly normal to live with your parents until you're about 30, and actually ABNORMAL to move out before. This is the case in Italy. I'm American, so of course I live by myself, but all my Italian friends still live with their parents. The mindset is that you only move out when you start a new family, and no one's ready to settle down and get married as far as I know, so they stay with their parents. In fact, I wish America was more like that because it keeps people close with their families, and they don't go out and waste all their money, drop out of college, lose their job, and fuck up the rest of their lives. They put family first, and I think that's why there is much, much, much less crime here than in the U.S. I can walk anywhere in Italy, and not have to worry about being attacked or killed. If I were in L.A., New York, or D.C., this isn't the case in some areas of those cities.

But I still love living by myself, but that's only because I can afford to.

Another thing, Italians graduate high school when they're about 15, then start college immediately after. Most of them have their Master's Degree by the time they are 21. Just something to think about.

Thank you for the informative Response I am only 25 And have many years yet to live so I'm not really gonna let some know it all try and Classifie me as a bum when I am doing what is best for me at the moment and yes I do belive your right about the Crime rate, And furthermore you make a good point about being able to afford to live by yourself At this point trying to live by myself is ludicrous I cant afford it the economy is so bad here that its nearly impossible to do without a good paying job which is also nearly impossible to find around here

JonnyD said:
Thank you for the informative Response I am only 25 And have many years yet to live so I'm not really gonna let some know it all try and Classifie me as a bum when I am doing what is best for me at the moment and yes I do belive your right about the Crime rate, And furthermore you make a good point about being able to afford to live by yourself At this point trying to live by myself is ludicrous I cant afford it the economy is so bad here that its nearly impossible to do without a good paying job which is also nearly impossible to find around here
I live on my own, but can just barely afford it. I lost my job almost 2 months ago and I've been living on... how should I say this.... the government dime. It's enough to pay for my rent, car, cable, ect... but I still have to dip into my saving to have any fun. But you're correct about the job market in America. It's horrible, especially where I live. Remember when Giuliani said that he was going to "clean up" NY? Well, he didn't clean a damn thing, he just swept it under the rug, and that rug is Reading, PA.

Allow me to elaborate.

When Giuliania's "clean up" went into effect he did nothing more than drive the criminal element away from NY and into smaller cities, Reading being the one most heavily hit. We've seen violent crime sky rocket (we're now #25 on the most dangerous cities list, with a bullet), massive unemployment (such a small city can only handle so much), steady overpopulation (again, 20lbs of vermin in an already full 1lb bag) and a rediculous amount of mass stupidity. Hearing of 80 year old women being beaten, raped, and shot to death are the norm. Those idiots who got into a fight with Mike Tyson in New York last week (they're from here) are a perfect example of the people around here. Annoying, threatening, tough guys that claim they have a gun and with warrents out for their arrest. It took stray bullets bouncing around a preschool for law enforcement to start doing anything about it. And even there, all the good cops are too scared to work here.

They're considering closing the center city school and sending all the students to the already overpopulated surrounding schools (I went to one of those schools and being stuck in portable classrooms wasn't uncommon), simply because the idiots living in the city won't pay their taxes. Their excuse is "if we raise taxes, more people won't pay". Well then, do something about it. They want to live here so much, and send their 8 children per household to school. MAKE THEM PAY.

Driving around is an entertaining experience. Better roll up the windows, lock your doors and pray to god that some asshole with a shotgun doesn't pick your car hijack. And when you're not dodging bullets, have fun actually moving anywhere. Everyone loves double parking (especially when there's a car also parked along the other side of the street, leaving about 5 feet of space for you to try and squeeze through) even though if they were willing to walk an extra 15 feet they could park along the curb. And when they double park, they like to stand next to their car and converse with each other while you sit and wait for them to move. And if you honk the horn or tell them to move they just stand there, staring at you like livestock.

You can't even find a good place to eat. There used to be all kinds of awesome German and Italian resturants and Irish pubs. These places were family owned and have been here seemingly forever. They're now being replaced with shit bars, that smell of urine and are full of sweaty, hostile mexicans. The resturants are being outnumbered by these places that sell pure garbage. The grocery stores are being replaced with places that are so proud to accept foodstamps that they advertise it in bigger letters than their own stores name. Even banks are being outnumbered by these retarded little places who's sole purpose is to cash checks for a fee.

As for employment, forget it. The jobs simply dried up. All the employers closed up and relocated to other parts of the country where they weren't forced to hire the incompetant clowns who've invaded our neighborhoods. Now we have a situation where the middle class, with kids, and their kids college funds, and second mortgages, and those new in ground pools they just had put in last summer, are losing their jobs. And you know where these people with former careers are now working? Gas stations, McDonalds, Wal-Mart, Wendy's, ad nauseam... The last resort has become a high demand career oppurtunity.

That's what my problem is. I chose not to go to college, as I was confirmed a job for the company my dad works for. I basically would have been set for life, easy. After school I made the mistake of taking a few years to "discover" life, started a band and fucked around. Then when it came time to take that job, too late. It wasn't there. Not that going there straight out of school would have mattered. They've laid off more than half the people who work there, some with over 20 years experience, and more are planned later in the year. My dad has already suffered more than $28 thousand a year in pay cuts. He's also being laid off at the end of the year. He also owes the bank about $65 thousand yet for the failed business he tried to start up. He made the mistake of opening a pizza shop in this shitty Bushenomics economy. If it's any consolation to him, half a dozen other pizza shops closed down within 2 weeks of his shop, including 2 Pizza Huts.

He's going to lose the house (So much for me moving back in with my parents if the need would ever arise. Hell, my parents are already bracing themselves to move back in with THEIR parents), his cars, and everything else he worked his whole life for. And where in the hell is a 52 year old man, with nothing outside of a high school eduaction and skills for a soon-to-be obsolete job supposed to work? All the other jobs in his field are already long gone.

Where the fuck does this leave me? I can't even get a job delivering pizzas. It seems you need to be 40, and with a college education to get even those jobs now. Fuck. I suppose when my lease is up in November I could always try get the hell out of this stinking shithole and find a better place to live, where there are actual careers instead of settling for part-time work for Wendy's. Good luck to me there.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I'm just a bit pissed off lately and I didn't mean to go so far off subject. My apologies.

I've heard that "Kill your parents.." shit a billion times.
In high school, some idiots were convinced that my best friend and I sacrificed cats and goats.
I never retaliated and still don't because people like that are not worth explaining things to.
On a side note, I think some of you may enjoy this little flash animation:

http://www2.b3ta.com/mind-control/

:tickled:

Ol' Dirty Bastard said:
Anyway, sorry for the rant. I'm just a bit pissed off lately and I didn't mean to go so far off subject. My apologies.

WOW damn I'm not gonna complain anymore you have it much worse than I not saying I have it much better take away the crime and what not, my problem is that there is nothing here in Vermont there used to be a rich farming community anybody could have work even if it was shoveling shit you could still make a pretty good living doing it but now theres nothing cept working at wendys or mcdonalds or a million other low grade resturants that promise you no future So I mean I can Identifie with ya to an extent the only real problems we have with crime is the Rampid use of herion everybody is on it and even in our small towns and cities you can be mugged, Mugged in FUCKIN Vt its not right.......

Anyway You dont have to apologize for the rant dude sometimes you just gotta get it out we might seem a bit harsh at times around here but we do care of course I cant speak for everybody but if ya need to get shit out I am a great listener and will help out the best I can Good luck man and have faith things will turn around you may have to leave that hole and that might just be the best thing for you Be safe:)

tara said:
I've heard that "Kill your parents.." shit a billion times.
In high school, some idiots were convinced that my best friend and I sacrificed cats and goats.
I never retaliated and still don't because people like that are not worth explaining things to.
On a side note, I think some of you may enjoy this little flash animation:

http://www2.b3ta.com/mind-control/

:tickled:

Exzactly they are NOT worth it:D I will check out the link before I go to bed