Worst Cover(s)?

V.V.V.V.V. said:
There are some covers that transcend the originals in terms of sound and style, though. For instance, Nevermore covered Simon and Garfunkel's amazing "The Sound of Silence" and turned it into a basic masterpiece and a great example of how a cover song should be done.
Absolutely.

Ahh...yes, Nevermore's cover of "The Sound Of Silence." Is amazing, I love their vocalist. Once I heard Absu's cover of "Silvester Anfang/Deathcrush." I forgot how good the song part was, but I'm pretty sure Prosciptor actually played the drum intro as opposed to the recording Mayhem uses. I'm not a drummer, but it was pretty amazing.

Under a Stone said:
Emperor's cover of Mercyful Fate's "Gypsy" anyone?
that cover rules, what are you talking about?

The SFU covers are pretty bad. those are probably the worst i've heard. I downloaded the mp3 of rock and roll aint noise pollution and about died laughing at the patheticness of the whole thing. then i sobered up and realized it was just sad.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
There are some covers that transcend the originals in terms of sound and style, though. For instance, Nevermore covered Simon and Garfunkel's amazing "The Sound of Silence" and turned it into a basic masterpiece and a great example of how a cover song should be done.

I loved the cover. It gives a much darker feeling to the song and, in my opinion, the music brings out the general mood of the lyrics better than the original. Though the original is a damn fine song.